• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

To be or not to be color

x-codegtcs

I am not sure how many of you read my other post on the color question, but thought some of you might be interested to know what I found out.

Marti reports indicated that my car, as far as Ford was concerned, is Diamond Blue, even though painted white.

In a conversation with Paul (the resident expert) he said that this color mispaint happened "more than you would think". He also mentioned the he was aware of other Diamond Blue stangs that were in reality painted white at the factory.

So now the question - is anyone else aware of any other cars with this same factory error. If so, what color did the factory paint and what was the true color code.

Very curious.

Bryce

RacingFan

Not to point out the obvious, but I do know that Diamond Blue is almost white enough to be called white. The blue tint doesn't come out very much, so perhaps your car really is diamond blue rather than white. Sunlitegold helped me out with a paint dab with I was looking at a Diamond Blue GT/CS a few months ago. Just something to be aware of.

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

Yeah, I have heard that warning. If you look down futher in the discussion group page you will see another (my first discussion on this) and I have attached photos of the original paint. I know digital pics sometimes screw the colors up, but these are very representative. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Also, when comparing the color I am referencing the following link to compare contrast and shade.

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1968-ford-pg01.jpg

Again, if I am wrong, I am ok with that, I am just trying to figure this out.

Bryce

Russ

When I look for the original paint color, I always check under the rear package tray behind the rear seat. This is a place that is never repainted, and because it is usually covered by the fiberboard package tray, the paint has been protected and in excellent condition. Just a thought that might help. Russ