• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Delay in Getting New Window Decals Out...

P

PNewitt

Just when I'd mailed the last flier out, I offered the Window Decals again--four types-- 1968, HCS, 2007, 2008.

The reason that they are delayed is because I was looking for a new supplier, wanting more opaque decals, because of the issue of too much transparency with the original ones....and I didn't really want to send more of those out.

What this meant was re-doing the artwork, which meant dropping the fourth color, and that would have meant boring-looking decals.

SOOO.....I was just told that in short runs, I'm able to get full color ones made.

SOOO.....This coming week, I'll be sending the digital artwork to PA., and they will be made ASAP.

Sorry for the delay. I was working on an upgrade when the orders hit. I have about 50 of the 1968 version on order right now, and several for 2007-2008.

And-- I'm supposed to get the official 2008 prod, number in a day or two. This is part of the hour-long phone interview I had with the GT/CS project manager at Ford last Thursday for the book (in which when you read it--you'll be SO GLAD that you own a 2007-2009 GT/CS!--it's quite an awesome story!!).

Sorry for the delay.

Paul N.

wldpony

I will be ordering Decals as soon as available. Can't wait to see what you actually came up with. LOL Hope they have Dark Candy Apple Red GT/CS on them!!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

To order decals (choice of: '68 GT/CS; '68 HCS; 2007 or 2008 GT/CS), they are $10 each. They are (will be) in color and are 3" diameter.

and/or....To get information on the Book, send an SASE to:

Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

I'm working on a 2009 version, too.

thanks!

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Did you get the actual Production #'s for the 2008? Will it be on the decal just wondering. Thanks!!!

There was a 2008 production target number of 7,400 or so, but they added one more week of production....so my contact at Ford has to chase that number down ASAP.

I want it accurate, and yes, it will be on the decal.

I'd like to do a 2009 decal, but I won't have a prod, number on that one (too early). Those white stripes look awesome!

Paul N.

J.Bart

Paul, can you inquire to your contacts if this website influence ford in doing white stripes on the 09's

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Well, I'm sure that it pushed Ford over the top to do it. The CS project manager at Ford wanted white stripes for '07, as well as several other things.

I'll let you in on something cool....I'll be getting the concept photo of the '07 CS for the book....and then you all can build your CSs up to what they originally wanted. For instance, the Shelby GT rear spoiler was originally meant for the CS. Prepare for some awesome information!!

Anyway-- regarding decals. The order will go in tomorrow (Mon, Oct 27th). Stay tuned

Paul N.

wldpony

Paul I will be sending out a check for Decals tomorrow for my 2008. How many were produced if you finally got the figure? Just wondering!! Thanks.

Ricks07GT/CS

make sure the numbers don't change again ,like the 2007's,,he posted new numbers again,,,after a paid him for two but only got one ???, now I have one with the wrong numbers and still waiting over a month on the other one he never sent me yet,yes it is BS....

Dougxox

make sure the numbers don't change again ,like the 2007's,,he posted new numbers again,,,after a paid him for two but only got one ???, now I have one with the wrong numbers and still waiting over a month on the other one he never sent me yet,yes it is BS....

Now don't be stupid, how can he make sure the numbers don't change, thats Fords issue.
As for paying for two and only getting one, I have no clue. I do know he was running short or it may have been an oversite, chill a bit. Give him a chance to fix things.
If you follow the directions on the return I am sure you will be happy.
sounds like someone is a bit...:icon_dead

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thanks, Doug,

I'm sending Rick a refund for the decal I DID send him and for the second one he didn't get.

The mistaken production number was
an honest goof by my contact from Ford. He apologized for the mistake. I want to make good on it and when the new ones are out (within two weeks), I'll replace the "wrong" ones with an SASE and $1 to those who send me their "wrong' decals. How bad could that be?

Production numbers change all the time. For many years the GT/CS number I came up with in 1988 was 4025. Then Kevin Marti produced the 4118 number. This stuff happens, and we have the right numbers now for 07-08.

So, Rick, I didn't "lie" as you state in your PM to me. You'll get a refund, and NO decals when they come out. How's that?

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

The new decals have arrived, and will be mailed out to everyone on Thursday, Nov. 13th.

Thanks for your patience.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

As of tonight, all backordered decals were mailed out.

This included a few that were replacements, as per the $1 offer I posted.

If you ordered decals, they are on their way to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Paul N.