• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Grill???

68gt390

They may have it listed that way because they know that many folks use the 67 grille's with a few mods as a GT/CS replacement. It's surely a gray area. They could have worded it a little different. Plus, Paul's books reference the 67 grille also. They should at least mention the fact that mods have to be done to it to actually make it a GT/CS grille replacement. By no means am I a lawyer but it's definitely open to interpratation and could be seen as misleading to one who really doesn't know what a true GT/CS grille is.

Don

L8GR868

I just happen to recieve Mustangs Plus new catolog today and on page 99 part number 2142 is a GT/CS grille. It is the same number as the 1967 grille, the price is $99.00.

BroadwayBlue

I got my catalog too the other day and saw this.
I think they word it as "Would also fit a GT/CS".
So I don't think they are misrepresenting necessarily. I mean that is true, right?
I don't think they're doing it intentionally.

They do often sell things on eBay for less than there site or catalog.
I got springs from them for a lot cheaper on eBay.
They're not the only company I've had this happen with, not necessarily in regards to auto parts either. So it's always worth checking if an online company also has an eBay store.

OP
OP
Perkchiro

Perkchiro

I agree, they should at least indicate that it's a partial grill for a GT/CS. A new CS owner, who doesn't frequent this site or hasn't read Paul's book would be "in the dark" about this not being a complete grill for a CS. I did build my grill from a 67 blank, along with $89.00 fog brackets from Delta Bay mustang, tinners rivets and a dremel cutting tool and factory correct PPG paint "specially mixed".

I didn't mean to sound like they were doing something illegal, but I do think it's misleading because it is not a factory correct GT/CS grill, and a mustang supplier should know this.

My 2 cents and humble opinion.

Steve

BroadwayBlue

I agree with you Steve.
Especially when you factor in the extra cost and work.

I checked their site and it says
Fits 1967 standard and 1968 GT/CS models. Sold each

I guess they could've been more specific.

luisa2552

I've wanted to ask this for a while and this is as good a place as any. I have to admit during the re paint process I haven't paid much attention to the grill. It's in good shape and they painted it the same color it was, which to me looks what I would call dark grey. The grill has rectangular cut outs behind the fog lights(Lucas) that I haven't seen on another car. My production date is April 15th so it would have had Marchals, right? Was this what the cut outs were for? I'm not looking for perfect for this car, I'm just curious. I'm picking it up tomorrow so I'll get some pictures posted as soon as I can.

Mosesatm

Sara, all GT/CS grilles should have the Marchal brackets as shown in the attached photos.

Last edited:

luisa2552

Thanks Arlie! Now I see the rectangular cut outs in the grill like mine has. It's missing the brackets though. So ALL CS's had the cut outs and brackets? Even after the recall? I'm still learning.....

Mosesatm

If you want the brackets you can order them from Delta Bay Mustang. Around $75 I think.

somethingspecial

Fog light brackets

Sara, Delta Bay Mustang makes a high quality bracket that is hard to tell from originals. If you don't care about PERFECT, I have a set (not Delta Bay)that is in one of the CHEAP KNOCKOFF grilles I got screwed on buy a guy who was discussed in another thread. They are not perfect but would work good for you if you want appearance, and not quality. These brackets just have weld splatter on them and would work good for you if you want them. I will GIVE them to you if you are interested. This will save you some $$$. I will never use them. They just POP rivet in place. Send me your mailing address in a private message and we can talk. MIKE