• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Script Template

hookedtrout

Luis needed a script template so I went out and made a couple, if anyone needs one I made an extra so I have one available.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

I suppose I could but it's not really that kind of a template, it's a large piece of paper that has been attached to the car and the body lines marked out and the holes for the script punched through the paper. It has to be actual size to do you any good, there aren't any measurements on the paper. It's designed to stick on your car and mark the holes.

Did that make any sense?

dalorzo_f

If you can draw it on a piece of paper and cut it out, then you can just draw it, scan it (full size or with a scale or dimensions) and post it....

dalorzo_f

Dummy dimensions, just an example...

CalSpecBadges.jpg

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Cory, if you want to mail me one I have a wide forrmat scanner and could then post it. Then people could have it printed at a local print shop (Kinkos, etc.) at 100% size so the scale would be correct.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

It would actually be quite hard in comparison.

It's actually easier to just tape the paper on, trace the back and top body lines, punch the holes by sticking the emblems back in and tracing around the emblems for added insurance and send it to someone as opposed to going out and building a layout and measuring all 16 holes including the side markers from two different angles. Tracing it on only takes like 30 seconds.

It's also much easier for the recipient, I was a recipient at one time. Took like 15 seconds to tape it on and mark the holes vs measuring them all out. You just place that template on your car, line it up with your body lines, tape it down and mark the holes and drill. It leaves only two lines that you can make any mistake vs all the measurements you have to transfer and measure out. I do understand what your saying now but I just like the simplicity of the quick and easy template and I have no issues going out and making them and sending them to whom ever needs them. Honestly I wouldn't trust my own measurements on that many holes, I'd be sure and get one off a fraction and someone would drill it and have it not work and I'd be to blame, at least I'd feel that way.

I believe there is already a measurement in one of Pauls books if that's whats someone wants, I could be wrong but I think there was, been years since I've looked at either of his books. If not and someone wants to do all the measurements and mark them all out that way feel free or if you want a template let me know and I'll get one headed your way.

Jon, send me your addy and I'll get these two headed your way for the scanning.