• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 door grille template

robert campbell

Dale,
I am in the Seattle area and pretty sure where mine is. I will go see if I can find it.

Rob

robert campbell

Arlie,
Pretty sure it is Bret's. The Hood tach and 351 Windsor are dead give away's!!! Not to mention the bright yellow paint.

Rob

robert campbell

Dale,
I have template in hand. It is made from some of my favorite bargain beer boxes!! Busch Ice!! It has the hole for the door lights marked out. And the hole for the door speaker if you wish. You will need to cut them out of the template which is just fine. The rest of the mounting holes are marked and you can just tape it on your door and center punch away. The holes with squares marked on the template are for the little push in plastic "thing a ma bobs" that Ford used for the mounting screws.

Neil and the rest of us restorers just drill a small hole in the door. But the concourse guys (I did this one time) may drill out a round hole and then use a small square file to fit the plastic doo dads.

Give me an address and it will be coming your way!! When done please send it back.

Rob

68 special

Hello, sorry Guys, been doing house remodeling and haven't been on here.

Yes Arlie, that's my car from 2010, Mustang Roundup.

If anyone else needs a template, I can forward this one on.

Bret

robert campbell

Bret,
Mine is in the mail already. Dale should have it by Monday or Tuesday. Is the template you have the one I got from Marty?

Rob

robert campbell

Dale,
Are these speakers for the doors? If so can you send a link. I would like to see them.

Rob

68 special

Yes Rob, It's the same one.

I should make my own template, so I can forward this on.

Who knows when I'll use it.

Bret

ADaleR1

Rob,
used your template and made mine own and laminated it, should work out great I hope. Yours will be picked up by the mailman and headed back to you tomorrow. Thanks again!

Dale

Bret,
Mine is in the mail already. Dale should have it by Monday or Tuesday. Is the template you have the one I got from Marty?

Rob

robert campbell

I would wait on the speaker holes until you have the ones in hand. I was able to locate and mark them by having an original door speaker in hand and center it in the opening on the grill itself. It was not marked from a door that Ford had cut back in the day. I am confident it is very close if not exact.

Are you putting on deluxe door panels or just doing the grills and such? If you are going to deluxe there is a link that shows how to locate the strap door handle pull on the site. And you will need to buy the bracket.

Rob

dalorzo_f

I just made that bracket for the EXP. A flat piece of steel, trim the ends and then used a brake to fold the two edges up to stiffen...

And I have access to a '68 factory AM/FM car right now, if anyone wants a speaker template. As noted, I'd say its just as easy to just measure and cut to suit the new speaker.