• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Back from california/with car

imported_tree

Well folks. i just got back from sacramento with my new car safe and sound, What a drive from sacramento to vancouver. 17 hours and three of that was trying to go through seatle during morning rush hour. As promised, photos of the new car in canada. This 68 fastback clone is done to the 9s in workmanship and quality of the parts the previous owner installed on this project.Now i know what 400 hp between your legs feels like. The previous owner installed a five speed tranmission and when your cruising down the hwy at 80 mph the motor is only showing 2100 RPM and i got 23 miles per gallon. Let me state that if my GT/CS had this new engine and transmission i still would have it, other than the parking problem for the winter.This clone fastback and my GT/CS is about the close to owning a shelby as i ever will. Ibought a set of 10 spoke shelby wheels for the car down there but cant buy center caps because of the fight between shelby and other people trying to sell stuff without copy write licence.Going to my co-workers house tomorrow to take some photos of my car and his new GT/CS (my old car) and will post some photos next week.he has be trying to log in on this web site but something is going wrong for him.One last word for the gang,I may own a fastback clone ,but i still love the GT/CS.. good luck to those who enterd the calendar contest. Terry.................................................

Attachments

• car trip 2006 home 043.jpg
    car trip 2006 home 043.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 41
  • car trip 2006 home 001.jpg
    car trip 2006 home 001.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 42
  • car trip 2006 home 035.jpg
    car trip 2006 home 035.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 26
  • car trip 2006 home 037.jpg
    car trip 2006 home 037.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 27
  • car trip 2006 home 038.jpg
    car trip 2006 home 038.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 28
  • car trip 2006 home 034.jpg
    car trip 2006 home 034.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 57
  • car trip 2006 home 042.jpg
    car trip 2006 home 042.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 44
  • car trip 2006 home 036.jpg
    car trip 2006 home 036.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 30
P

PNewitt

Wow, Terry.

What an gorgeous Mustang! 400hp, 80mph at 2100 rpm must sound pretty awesome! (WAAAAaaaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaa......wwaaaaa)

I bet you let'r rip through the valley in No. Calif, to Eugene, and across the Columbia River. Everett has it's logging trucks to contend with, but once you get past Blaine, it's a free run. Too kewl!

You must have had visions of the movie: "Vanishing Point" while driving this beast! It's great to drive the dream.

I hope you didn't have too many Beemers to pick outa the grille when you got home....LOL!

Congrats!

Paul N.

rvrtrash

Congrats on your purchase. It's a nice looking car.
Steve

marie68csmustangs

Wow! Nice car :)) Hopefully you were able go leave Sacramento before it got too windy - It was really bad with fires wipping up here all day yesterday. I drove up to Midnight Specials - and saw a fire on the way.. Even let me drive the blue clone :))

Marie

Midnight Special

Terry, you lucky dawg! Thanks for the nice pictures too - She's a beaut!!
You can sell rides in that one :))

Marie - Ya' done good driving the blue clone yesterday! My only concern were the deer.... Fortunately - they heard you coming! :)

marie68csmustangs

Midnight Special said:
Terry, you lucky dawg! Thanks for the nice pictures too - She's a beaut!!
You can sell rides in that one :))

Marie - Ya' done good driving the blue clone yesterday! My only concern were the deer.... Fortunately - they heard you coming! :)

Yeah, I really enjoyed driving that even though it was an automatic.. I can't wait to drive the four speed :)) Yeah, the deer heard me coming. I'm glad because the dimmer switch didn't work right.. Yeah, I wish that the heard me coming when I brought my Saturn to show you when I first got it! There was one deer staring me in the face!! I was hoping that I didn't it it..

Marie

Diesel Donna

Terry...whoa nellie! Nice nag you have there!!

Congratulations!!!

~~~~Donna

Jayscal

Sweet ride :cool:

I noticed that there was no fan shroud on the radiator, any cooling issues in traffic?

OP
OP
imported_tree

imported_tree

california trip

Jayscal said:
Sweet ride :cool:

I noticed that there was no fan shroud on the radiator, any cooling issues in traffic?
not one single problem with the cooling system, legs felt pretty sore from working thee clutch. first gear,second gear, and first and second all for about 3 hours. Boy you guys and gals can have the traffic jams.

OP
OP
imported_tree

imported_tree

california trip

Went to my co-workers house today to grab some shots of the GT/CS and my new car.as luck would have it my camera died the first shot. no spare batterys, no photos today from me but my co-worker got some great shots of the two cars together. will post them as soon a he e-mails them to me.The GT/CS is one car that i can say i was proud to own and was instrumential in starting my new hobby of classic cars, now i gotta win the big one to buy a couple more. thanks gang terry......................

68gt390

Very nice ride Terry. I love the paint on her. That's the only draw back about a standard tranny - Traffic. I know sometimes on my way home from work it's gets a little hectic once I'm off the freeway or if I get stuck in rush hour traffic.

Don :grin:

PFSlim

Terry

Thanks for sending the photo's. Looks like a great car and as long as we know you heart is with the GT/CS, well....we will find you back with us someday!!

Good luck on the new ride. I love the car!!!

Paul

Mustanger

Terry,

That's one hot 'Stang!!! ... and also, thanks for buying this car instead of Ron's car ...

sam

now that's a fine looking car........and I love the color. the 10 spokes make it look awesome. Best of luck with the new car!

Sam

hotrodgrany

imported_tree said:
Well folks. i just got back from sacramento with my new car safe and sound, What a drive from sacramento to vancouver. 17 hours and three of that was trying to go through seatle during morning rush hour. As promised, photos of the new car in canada. This 68 fastback clone is done to the 9s in workmanship and quality of the parts the previous owner installed on this project.Now i know what 400 hp between your legs feels like. The previous owner installed a five speed tranmission and when your cruising down the hwy at 80 mph the motor is only showing 2100 RPM and i got 23 miles per gallon. Let me state that if my GT/CS had this new engine and transmission i still would have it, other than the parking problem for the winter.This clone fastback and my GT/CS is about the close to owning a shelby as i ever will. Ibought a set of 10 spoke shelby wheels for the car down there but cant buy center caps because of the fight between shelby and other people trying to sell stuff without copy write licence.Going to my co-workers house tomorrow to take some photos of my car and his new GT/CS (my old car) and will post some photos next week.he has be trying to log in on this web site but something is going wrong for him.One last word for the gang,I may own a fastback clone ,but i still love the GT/CS.. good luck to those who enterd the calendar contest. Terry.................................................
You have an awsome looking Stang