• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS tailights

quicknick

I was tooling home from work yesterday in the wifes modern iron when I had my doors blown off by a White GT/CS. (thought I was the only one in this neck of the woods to own one)
I was suprised to see sequential turn signals when the guy changed lanes. Is this correct? My car has no such thing. Please advise.......

StraightSix

The sequential taillights are not correct for the GT/CS. I believe that the Shelbys had them, however... sure it wasn't a Shelby?

-Winston

68sunlitgold

quicknick,
Winston is correct, the GT/CS did not have sequential lights, the 68 Shelby and 68 Cougar did. They did make dynamite sticks that you could use to convert your CS to have sequential lights (it does look cool 8))
Doug

The sequential lights for the CS/GT's were deemed unsafe by California law - making them inappropriate for a car originally intended only for the CA market. The problem was that the sequntials were activated during braking - which made them illegal. Cougars (and I think the Shelbys) had the more expensive hardware system that separated the two functions. If you want to convert over, I think that the wiring from a 67/8 Cougar will transfer and there are sequential units that mount and function digitally, yet use all of the original wiring of the Cougar - making it look very original.

bish

I picked up a cougar seq light set up on ebay real cheap.
I'm debating on if I should or not.
Anyone ever done it?

climberben

my gt/cs has sequential turn signals i did not put them on though the came with it when i bought my car i like them though add a little something to the car it get a lot of looks ;D