• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hood Pin Location

Kurt

Has anyone noticed a difference in hood pin location from the right side to the left ? My left side seems to be about 3/8 of a inch closer to the edge of the hood.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can check theirs. ???

darb

There is a guide located in the gallery on the correct mounting positions of your hood pins. Mine were installed by a long time classic car guru when I bought a repro deluxe hood and he used a specialized guide (which I believe closely mirrors that on this website). Mine are equal both ways.

Perhaps the factory boy who was working on your car got a little tired after a long day of work?

I wouldn't know what the true answer is, mine's a repro hood so I can't tell you for sure.

Brad