• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - One of our own has passed away

Midnight Special

Well, Holy Smokes!
I mean, cool beans! This will be exciting and emotional.

...The group practiced over Chicago Park yesterday. I got a call saying that we're in for a real treat! :)

Please feel free to post or PM myself or "somethingspecial" your thoughts of Jay that can be reflected during the "Missing Man".

Those in attendance can then post some nice follow-up (along with other highlights) after the BBQ :)

Attachments

• QM8F1404.jpg
    QM8F1404.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 32

Midnight Special

A couple of things....

I think that Jay's wife should be contacted about this--out of respect for her and their family.

And, I hope that we don't lose sight of what the BBQ is about, since there will be several new people there this time.

I understand--and respect the memory of Jay (a very sad story), but let's stay focused on the excitement and fun that the party is all about. I wouldn't want the flyover to upstage the party overall.

Paul N.

Paul, the flyover will occupy all of about 15 minutes of the party which as everyone knows - will certainly speak for itself when it comes to beautiful cars, new friendships, awesome food and incredible hospitality before, during and after the event...

I'm looking forward to numerous threads and tons of testimony & photos like last year. Mike and Robinette - Generous beyond all!!!!

I originally talked to the Airboss of our recent airshow here to get a P-51 so I could photograph (down its wing) some great shots of a great gathering, but it was too costly, so our option has become this exciting resource few others have. 'Pilots volunteered for this - I will buy the gas... They also want to come see the cars & meet everyone upon landing.

Mike's idea of the tribute to Jay brings it home for all on this site to savor. We've said it here so many times before- People make Specials special...

This is only a brief, yet exciting diversion from what will be a full day of "nuts & bolts" admiration & ownership celebration.

By the way; I'm in So.Cal today - Just had a nice phone chat w/ CALIF GIRL. She's bringin' her red CS to the party :) OoRAHH!

P

PNewitt

Paul N.
p.s. Arlie? You're coming, too?

Last edited:

case12

An aerial shot of the cars will be cool. I look forward to it, although I cannot be there. The irony is that it is in "Chicago" Park. :cry: Casey

Mustanglvr

I can`t be there for the barbecue but I just wanted to mention that I think it`s great that Tim is paying for the expensive fuel for the planes and will be providing his wonderful photographic talents to make this barbeque a blast for all who attend and for those that can`t be there.
Mike and Robinette have made this getogether possible for 2 years now. You two are fantastic!
I think it`s awesome that you would all be thinking of Jay with a remembrance and a fly over. I know his family will be proud.
Thank you Tim, Mike and Robinette for all you do.

P

PNewitt

I will retract my comments re: the flyover.

It wasn't my call., so let's just forget what I said.

Paul.

Midnight Special

...I wanted to take a moment here and thank everyone. paticularly Mike for the kind reflections about Jay during the "Missing Man" portion of the BBQ fly-bys.

The magic of "Mike and Robinette" facilitated not only the nostalgia, excitement, generosity, gained awareness and warm-hearted bonding of we, the fortunate CS owners - but the solemn assurance that we are (and will remain) that special family who will always look after our own...And do it by example over stated intent...

All of the pilots said they were never so impressed as seeing our beautiful cars and meeting so many talented and wonderful people with vows of flying for us again next year at our slightest beckoning. 'Also want to thank Joe and Donna for their hidden contributions for a/c fuel. I took it to the lead pilots hangar the other day where he politely refused to accept, so I did as you did - left it on his desk & walked away :)

Let's just hope we can replace the "Missing Man" tribute with another formation pass for a long time to come. You can help.... Just be safe!...

...But as it was profound - this was for you, Jay!
God Bless you and keep you always!

respectfully,

PonyGal

...I wanted to take a moment here and thank everyone. paticularly Mike for the kind reflections about Jay during the "Missing Man" portion of the BBQ fly-bys.

The magic of "Mike and Robinette" facilitated not only the nostalgia, excitement, generosity, gained awareness and warm-hearted bonding of we, the fortunate CS owners - but the solemn assurance that we are (and will remain) that special family who will always look after our own...And do it by example over stated intent...

All of the pilots said they were never so impressed as seeing our beautiful cars and meeting so many talented and wonderful people with vows of flying for us again next year at our slightest beckoning. 'Also want to thank Joe and Donna for their hidden contributions for a/c fuel. I took it to the lead pilots hangar the other day where he politely refused to accept, so I did as you did - left it on his desk & walked away :)

Let's just hope we can replace the "Missing Man" tribute with another formation pass for a long time to come. You can help.... Just be safe!...

...But as it was profound - this was for you, Jay!
God Bless you and keep you always!

respectfully,

Tim,

I would like to say that, as an observer on the ground while the fly-by was taking place, it was one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed. Too bad you were not down there to see all the people with their cameras pointed towards the sky. I was so impressed that I forgot to take all but one picture. Everyone was mesmerized by the planes and Mike said some very kind words about Jay just as the "Missing Man" formation was flying overhead. I have a feeling that I was not the only one moved by such a wonderful tribute! Thank you so much for arranging for this wonderful display.