• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Stripes and the new registry

zozobra

I was told at a recent car show the stripes on the side of my car are incorrect. In looking at photos of other California Specials I would have to agree with that assessment. I noticed in the reference part of this site how to attach stripes but the discusssion mentioned Paul's registry as a place for the actual dimensions. I do not have a copy of that book and thus do not know what dimensions to use. Can someone please tell me where to find the dimensions for the side stripes? I have ordered a stripe kit for the car but I do not want to attempt to replace what's there until I know how to install the new stripes in the new location.

By the way am I correct in assuming the upcoming registry will have information on stripes, hood lock location, fog light locations, etc.? I saw a copy of the updated registry at the car show that had this information but the owner did not seem the least bit interested in selling that copy.

Thanks

OP
OP
Z

zozobra

thanks

Thanks to both of you for the information! It's exactly what I needed. Never before have I found a group of people so willing to help and with the needed data. Again, thanks.

P

PNewitt

YES! The new registry will have stripe info, this time on two pages. I will also have templates for the hood pin holes, rear script holes, decklid script holes, and even a foglight adjustment chart (from A.O. Smith paperwork).

Welcome to the boards...

Paul Newitt

BroadwayBlue

PNewitt said:
YES! The new registry will have stripe info, this time on two pages. I will also have templates for the hood pin holes, rear script holes, decklid script holes, and even a foglight adjustment chart (from A.O. Smith paperwork).

Welcome to the boards...

Paul Newitt

That's cool about the templates!!

OP
OP
Z

zozobra

Paul,

What is the timeframe for the new registry? I am quite excited about the new registry (or the previous ones as well to the pont I actually photographed a page out of one for my fog lights when i briefly had the chance). I am also watching the one on Ebay and have bid a few times.

I did input my car's information into your database data some time back so I'm as up to date as I can be.

Thanks,

Mustanglvr

zozobra said:
Paul,

What is the timeframe for the new registry? I am quite excited about the new registry (or the previous ones as well to the pont I actually photographed a page out of one for my fog lights when i briefly had the chance). I am also watching the one on Ebay and have bid a few times.

I did input my car's information into your database data some time back so I'm as up to date as I can be.

Thanks,

Zozobra, if you put your info in here at the site database, that does`nt mean it will be in Paul`s registry. You have to send all that info to Paul himself. There is a thread here on the site that tells you where to send it, but it might be too late. I can post the link to the thread if you want or you can send Paul a personal message.

PFSlim

zozobra said:
I was told at a recent car show the stripes on the side of my car are incorrect. In looking at photos of other California Specials I would have to agree with that assessment. I noticed in the reference part of this site how to attach stripes but the discusssion mentioned Paul's registry as a place for the actual dimensions. I do not have a copy of that book and thus do not know what dimensions to use. Can someone please tell me where to find the dimensions for the side stripes? I have ordered a stripe kit for the car but I do not want to attempt to replace what's there until I know how to install the new stripes in the new location.

By the way am I correct in assuming the upcoming registry will have information on stripes, hood lock location, fog light locations, etc.? I saw a copy of the updated registry at the car show that had this information but the owner did not seem the least bit interested in selling that copy.

Thanks

If you look back in several different threads, installation of stripes has been discussed. I believe it will help you when installing your new stripes. As well, you may want to check the restoration threads on this site. There may be additional information there.

Paul

P

PNewitt

I've been in contact with Jon Hanna (webmaster), and he's sent a printout to me of the cars that he has. However, it's more direct if you mail it directly to me.

It's not as if I'm going to reject any cars after today, but I needed to set a date to get people to send in their registrations. It's only fair to those who went to a lot of trouble and extra postage to get it to me quickly.

I'm working on the book right now, and when i get to the registry (ASAP), I'll include as many as possible (and of course the ones I have, and sent to me since 1996) up to the last minute.

Paul.