• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Six cylinder AC. HELP!!!!!

kevin

Banned
My car didn't come with an ac. I have an inline 200. I'm trying to put a factory ac system in it, but having trouble determining what the setup even looks like. I have already checked fordsix.com website. Maybe one of you guys with a six cylinder can help. Thanks
Sincerely,
Kevin Kersey

68sunlitgold

Kevin,
I am at work right now, but when I get home I will scan the Ford assemble manual that has a picture along with the part #'s for AC in an inline-6.
Doug

68sunlitgold

kevin,
here is the assembly manual photo, if it does not look as good as the book I will email it directly to you. A good catalog to get a picture of all the parts is "Classic Auto Air Man Co." they are in Tampa, FL and they sell all the AC parts for early Mustangs. Their number is 813-251-2356.
Doug

Attachments

• AC_for_inline6_a.jpg
    AC_for_inline6_a.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 37

68sunlitgold

Kevin,
Here are the associated parts # to the diagram above.
Doug

Attachments

• AC_for_inline6_part_numb.jpg
    AC_for_inline6_part_numb.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 13

68sunlitgold

mmillstx,
Here is the 289.
Doug

Attachments

• AC_for_V8_289_a.jpg
    AC_for_V8_289_a.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
K

kevin

Banned
can you scan in the picture for the vacuum canister? Thanks.
Sincerely,
Kevin Kersey

68sunlitgold

Kevin,
the vacum canister is #18 in the picture, it is in the most upper left hand corner. It actually is behind the inner fender, if you ever see an original one, it will be covered with the sound deadener that is sprayed under the fenders. You can also look in the wheel well and see the canister. I attached a picture of what a new one looks like. The '67 is different, and sits in the engine compartment.
Doug

Attachments

• vacum_canister.jpg
    vacum_canister.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 12

68sunlitgold

Kevin,
I hope you can see it in this picture, but here is the canister with just the 2 bolt ends and the 2 vacuum lines sticking out.
Doug

Attachments

• valve1.jpg
    valve1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
K

kevin

Banned
Thanks for all your help. I went to the salvage yard today and picked up a heater/ac box, with everything in the inside including registers, center vent, and wiring, and switch. I also got a vacuum canister, but it was from a 67 fairlane. It mounts on the inside of the engine compartment. I got it all for $81.00. I'm going to keep looking for a 68 vacuum canister. Your diagrams have been very helpful. Would you happen to know where to get the 6cyl fan shroud? Thanks
Sincerely,
Kevin Kersey