• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 J code exhaust question

GTCSMustang

If your car is not a GT, it came with single exhaust. If it was a GT it came from the factroy with dual exhaust. The Marti report will tell you if it is a true GT or not.

Scott

OP
OP
O

oneeyejohn

I am pretty sure that it is not a GT. The car has 4 wheel no power drum brakes. The reason I asked the question was in Paul's new book said that the J code only had dual. Most other engine codes said single or dual. Thanks for the answers so fast.

rvrtrash

Scott is correct. My J code came with single as well. If your car came with dual exhaust, you should see a spot in the left side axle tunnel that matches the right side for mounting the exhaust hanger.

Steve