• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Instrument Voltage Regulator

Mosesatm

After installing a new regulator for the gauges they now all read too low so I need to adjust the little screw on the rear of the regulator but I don't know which way to turn it.

Does anyone know which way to turn the screw to increase the voltage to the gauges?

franklinair

Can you connect a voltmeter and read the voltage output when you adjust the screw CW or CCW?

Neil

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Can you connect a voltmeter and read the voltage output when you adjust the screw CW or CCW?

Neil

I've read that due to how the regulators work digital meters are too fast and the reading bounces all over. Only an old analog meter will work, which I don't have.

I'll probably go to plan B, which is to turn the screw one way or the other, hook the cluster back in, and see what happens, repeat.

Northern Pony

I had the same problem, talked with supplier of guage and they could not advise. I went through three Voltage Regulators which were all replaced as defective until I got a good one.
On the bright side, if there was a bright side; I did get much faster at removing the instrument cluster.
BoB

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Thanks for the offer, Neil, but trial and error worked.

Turning the screw clockwise increases the readings on the gauges.