• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

The Top 100 Rarest Mustangs

rjw

I found this site the other night where they had a list of the top 100 rarest Mustangs. Upon checking, I could not find any of the HCS years listed nor the GT/CS Mustangs listed. I have emailed the webmaster of that site with the numbers from this site and asked them to take a look at our site and update their list. According to my calculations: the '68 HCS would be ranked 44th, the '66 HCS would be ranked 46th, the '67 HCS would be ranked 49th and the GT/CS would hold the 80th rank. The web link is www.corral.net/20anngt/top50.htm

68sunlitgold

jrw,
A great site, I also told them about "Little Red" because I did not see it listed. I do have a question why they included such things as #44 "1968 Fastback Deluxe equipped with bench seats - 256". If they want to go that far down in the weeds, you could find many one of a kind cars with certain combinations of options. You could list the number of cars that came with cruise control in 68 and it would come in #48 with 437. I would not include none visual options (this excludes options like the CS, twister, etc) as a factor in rarity. Just my opinion.
Doug

@Holmes

Doug same thought - Looks like shear production numbers only with the exception you pointed out. Clearly not the way I would define rare.

P

PNewitt

This site looks like a mess...

It's like Wikipedia...; "research by default".

They opened a pandora's box with all these limited this-and-that Mustangs. The prototypes alone would make a list a mile long. Kinda heavy on the Saleen cars, ya think???

Yep. They need the GT/CS, and the HCS in there.

You have to take these things with a "pillar of salt".

Paul N.

John McGilvary

Don't know where they got the # from. Like #56, 68.5 428CJ, HT, 564,
when Kevin Marti lists 221 produced.

IMO the site we are talking about isn't worth a click on my mouse.

John

68gt390

Don't know where they got the # from. Like #56, 68.5 428CJ, HT, 564,
when Kevin Marti lists 221 produced.

IMO the site we are talking about isn't worth a click on my mouse.

John

Well said John. I agree with you 100%. Seems a little limited to me. As Paul mentions, the prototypes alone would make up a nice size list.

Don

P

PNewitt

What they should have done is make a list of "The Top 100 Rarest Die-Cast Mustangs".

That would have been a lot easier, I think, and scale down the mistakes.

:p