• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Cobra Project Update

Ruppstang

That is really cool! I can't wait to see either. Are you going to Liberty this May? We are thinking of coming down. Marty

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Marty

If I am done and licensed, I willl be there for the show. Since I am just getting started in that process (April 28th), I don't know how much of May it will take to finish it up. Plus, I have business travel planned for most of May.

Ping me though if you are coming down. At the very least, I will drive my truck over to the show and see you and the cars.

Paul

PonyGal

How exciting Paul!! I too can't wait to see the video!! Great job on the car! It looks beautiful!!! :thumb:

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Thanks Renee. I will try to post the link as soon as it is available.

Here is another cool driving shot.

Paul

Attachments

• BOTS2.jpg
    BOTS2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I had a good week last week. On Monday, we trailered the "Black Pearl" to an alignment shop about 30 miles from here. Check. Then, on Weds, we trailered the Pearl up for our appointment with the Highway Patrol. Everything went well. Check. Then on Thurs, I hand carried the appropriate paperwork to Jefferson City. Paid my tax, title, etc, and they issued a VIN tag. Check. The VIN tag will be sent back to the Highway Patrol and next week I should have to drive the car (or trailer) back to the Patrol so a VIN tag can be installed.

After installation of the tag, it will be a normal inspection and then off to get plates!!

Paul

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Well, as of this Weds, we are licensed on the "Black Pearl". I have all my electrical issues dealt with and am in pretty good shape. On Weds, it went on a 167 mile trip and came back in one piece. What a great ride!!

Paul

Ruppstang

Paul are you going to have it at Liberty next weekend? We intend to go if the weather is ok. Marty

PonyGal

Congratulations Paul!!! I bet it feels really good to have it finished!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! If I'm ever out your way will you take me for a ride in it???

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Marty

We will be at Liberty - provided the weather is good and hope to see you there.

Renee

You bet. You are always welcome to ride. Not as smooth as the GT/CS and it will blow that flower right out of your hair, but still a great ride!!

Paul

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

By the way, the show that they taped for our "Brotherhood of Snakes" is set to air this weekend on our local news station. I know most all can't get it, so I will post a link next week so you can access the video on line. 6 hours of shooting for about 2 min of air time!! Should be cool and looking forward to seeing it.

Paul

rvrtrash

Looking forward to see the clip Paul. Congrats on a great job.

Steve

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Thanks Steve. Clip not posted yet, but I keep looking. Will post as soon as it is available. We got to see it live and it really was a nice spot, I thought.

Paul

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

By the way, the "Black Pearl" took home a 3rd Place plaque this weekend. Show was windy - overcast all day. It kept us from keeping our hood open as the wind has a idea to blow the hood open - drop the hood brace down - and slam the hood closed - chipping paint as it does it. Therefore, not the best show for us.

Paul

Ruppstang

Marty

Did not see you at Liberty. Did I miss you?

Paul

Very sad to say we did not make it there. I had looked forward for weeks to seeing you and your black pearl. Also was dissapointed for my son Craig who could hardly wait for the first show for his 67 GTA coupe. The one that I posted the over heating thread on.
Saturday we primped polished and packed his car to be ready for a 6:15 AM departure. Sunday we were off with out a hitch to a town 16 miles south to meet up with our club. After meeting up we went to leave and the car would not start. We jumped it and it started. We found that a one year old auto parts store alternator had failed. I told the the club to go on with out us. As we drove back home we made our plans to see how fast we could change a alternator and voltage regulator. We did it in 27 minutes not bad on a hot engine. And we were on out way again trying to make up time. Well 75 miles from home the car started over heating again. We stopped for gas and to let it cool a bit I thought of Robs suggestion of advancing the timing. I advanced it till it pinged but sorry to say it did not help. With the forcast of highs near 90 I thought it best to return home. We made it home with out a boil over but it was close. I spent the rest of the day cleaning the 67 GTA convertiable for the OK. National but wishing we were there. May be next year Paul. Problems like this one make it all the sweeter when you solve it. Marty

Ruppstang

Thanks Rob it takes one to to know one! My dad told me a long time ago the easiest thing thing in the world to do is quit when the going gets tough. Marty