• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

FOG Lights

speedy02

I was wondering on both fog lights if they mount the same way. I have heard that the Marchal Lights bolt to a bracket that comes threw the grill. Lucas Lights mount on a little post is this true and how hard is it to buy each style of light.

Sarge

Marchals do mount on a bracket that is in the grill. Lucas are mounted on posts. It is expensive for the Marchals (I paid almost $600 for a new pair to be shipped from the Netherlands to me), but am not sure on the Lucas lights. They do pop up on ebay every once in a while, but I bet they are expensive as well.
Robert

OP
OP
speedy02

speedy02

How do they look on your car. Not to sure if i like the look of the Marchal vs the Lucas.

68gt390

I was able to obtain a NOS set of Lucas lights from a gentleman in England several months ago for $345.00.
If you watch Ebay there is almost always a set of Lucas Square 8's on there. Everything from NOS to used. Just be sure you look for the lights with the chrome housings.

Don ;D

68sunlitgold

speedy02,
There are producers that make repop grilles with the brackets in them and others that sell the mounting posts for the Lucas lights. Your best bet for the lights is on Ebay. If you want names of repop items just ask.

Doug

OP
OP
speedy02

speedy02

Thanks 68sunlitgold your very helpful thats why I love this site. I would love to have the repop info?

hookedtrout

[quote author=speedy02 link=board=1;threadid=948;start=0#msg5250 date=1086199362]
How do they look on your car. Not to sure if i like the look of the Marchal vs the Lucas.
[/quote]

The Marchal lights in my opinion are a much better looking light. They have a very distinguished design and look and the way they attach to the grill gives them a floating look. Like they are just floating in the grill without any attachment. The Lucas lights look about like any other square fog light on the market but are certainly better than just any old light. The Marchals had a lot of thought put into the desing and that appeals to me but then I have Marchals ;D so maybe that's why.

Hook