CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/30/2006, 12:46 PM   #1
PNewitt

'07 GT/CS "May Not Happen" after all

I was told by a reliable source at Ford today, that the '07 GT/CS "may" or "probably" won't happen. This is not confirmed, but the people in the ordering and distribution pipeline are saying this (today).

I don't know why, or what will happen in the coming weeks, but this is what I was told today. I don't like spreading rumors, but this is a reliable source, and it makes all our speculation a "moot point" at the moment.

If this changes, I'll post it here.

Thanks for your input on this Mustang variant, anyway.

Paul N.
Old 01/30/2006, 05:00 PM   #2
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage
Even if it doesn't make it to market, it sure made for some good threads.
I think I have my wife sold on one too.

You may make it without friends; but with them, you can do anything.
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2006, 05:19 PM   #3
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt
I don't like spreading rumors, but ......
Paul N.
Hey Paul;
I'll start one then for us. How about they'll bring it out in 08 as a 40th anniversary edition for the GT/CS...........

Don

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2006, 05:19 PM   #4
Mosesatm

Me too. Oh no, now we'll have to buy a car SHE likes. I just can't bear to drive a Soltice!!!

This getting older ain't for cowards. - John Mellencamp
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2006, 12:02 AM   #5
CJ 56
My Car Details

Hi Paul , I got my wife to agree to buy an 07-08 GT/CS to be imported to New Zealand, I have even started e-mailing with the dealer who sold my original CS as i would like to buy the new one from them. But........ if this does not happen for some reason by 08, what about this for a wild thought, the PN limited edition of 68 only factory custom ordered mustangs each fitted with a personally signed badge, and signed glove box along side Carrol Shelby.
There will only be 68 all will be manual fully loaded with a V8 tweeked by someone in the US that is well known for race motors and fitted with limited after market suspension modifications. They will only be order as orders a confirmed. Not sure what you would be able to call it GT/ California Sport.
An idea like this would make Ford think again about the car if they where going to not produce it.
But again I do not know the practicality of all this but it could be possable.

CJ 56 in New Zealand
CJ 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2006, 09:49 AM   #6
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Hahahaaaa CJ 56...right on!

I am for an anniversary 08 as well. I can't imagine why it should be an 07.

And by the way...does anyone want to buy me one? I'm not a wife so I guess I need to find a sugar daddy but they aren't in the yellow pages.

~~~~Donna

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2006, 09:53 AM   #7
Mosesatm

I don't know. I'd be a little afraid of a woman who drives around in an ambulance.....but then I guess it's not as scary as a hearse!

Old 01/31/2006, 09:58 AM   #8
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Be afraid.........be veeeeerrrrrry afraid!

The only difference between a hearse and an ambulance is slow driving and a black paint job.

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
Old 01/31/2006, 10:14 AM   #9
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage
And hopefully no activity in the back when your driving!!

You may make it without friends; but with them, you can do anything.
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2006, 10:47 AM   #10
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
As long as you have the better halves convinced to buy an 07. If they don't make them you'll have to convince them you need another 68 since by default that's what they agreed to. Did you actually mention the year in the agreement?

Or ... buy a 68 and tell them it really is an 07 and that Ford really went overboard on the retro thing.

Personally ... I'm not pushing my luck right now.

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2006, 02:23 PM   #11
PNewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlue
Or ... buy a 68 and tell them it really is an 07 and that Ford really went overboard on the retro thing.
(in a "Dr. Evil" voice: Yeeahh...Riiiooyyghht....)

As for DonnaSmarty, what scale would you like your GT/SD car? (GT/Sugar Daddy)

As for Hearses....whatever you do with Fords, your last ride will probably be in a Cadillac! AAHHH!!

Shelby Cars in Las Vegas does have a V-6, and something else for the "less than GT-500 market". We'll keep on this. Interesting side note: The Mustang "CE" (Calif Edition) of 400 cars is now sold out. I just sent pics to the May issue of Modified Mustangs. Expect these to be very collectible!

Paul N.
Old 01/31/2006, 02:56 PM   #12
PNewitt

See the thread: "Tape the Super Bowl?? CS??"

PN.
Old 01/31/2006, 03:56 PM   #13
Mosesatm

[QUOTE=PNewitt
As for Hearses....whatever you do with Fords, your last ride will probably be in a Cadillac! AAHHH!!
[/QUOTE]

Well, not to be argumentative, but I'm pretty sure that most new hearses (coaches) are Lincolns. Fewer parts fall off and they look better. Some of you traditionalists might be saddened to learn that most are now white or silver too. Black is considered a little too morbid, and hot.

Here's a link to a site that explains how and where to buy a used coach for anyone that might, for some reason, be interested.

http://members.aol.com/hearseq/4sale.htm

Old 01/31/2006, 04:16 PM   #14
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesatm
Well, not to be argumentative, but I'm pretty sure that most new hearses (coaches) are Lincolns. Fewer parts fall off and they look better. Some of you traditionalists might be saddened to learn that most are now white or silver too. Black is considered a little too morbid, and hot.

Here's a link to a site that explains how and where to buy a used coach for anyone that might, for some reason, be interested.

http://members.aol.com/hearseq/4sale.htm

Hmmmm, I thought they were still mostly Cadillacs. And uh Arlie,....."Black is considered a little too morbid, and hot"? Hot for who???

If anyone is interested in any kind of Professional Car. (hearse, ambulance, limo,flower cars, cop cars,taxi's)...check out the Professional Car Society website. I can't remember the name of the site right now... Grim Rides is pretty cool. I can't help it of I have a warped sense of humor. I yam what I yam!

~~~~Donna

Old 01/31/2006, 04:20 PM   #15
Mosesatm

Let me just say that being hot is not good in our business and leave it at that.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions