• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Registry decal

BroadwayBlue

My GT/CS has a registry decal on the side window.

Are these still available or will I have to wait for the new book?

It's currently mounted on the small front window and overhangs. I want to move it to the rear quarter but wanted to know how careful I need to be 8)

Thanks!

Rich

hookedtrout

There was some discussion a long time ago about making a new one with the correct numbers on it but I can't remember the details. Maybe a search of the site would pull it up.

I'll go try it.

Hook

68sunlitgold

Unfortunately there are no more decals left, but as you mentioned, Paul is planning to make a new one for the release of his upcoming book.

So, Rich I would be very carefull on removing the decal.

Doug

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Thanks for the info.
I had done a search too on the site and didn't see anything specific about stickers still being available.

I guess I don't have to be as careful with the "I support the Mustang Museum" one though since that seems as though it's no longer being pursued - correct?

68gt390

I was fortunate and managed to find one of the decal's on an old windshield at a local restoration shop. Asked the owner if I could have it. Carefully peeled it off and now it's on my CS. Am patiently waiting for the new one to come out.

Don ;D

JGFRANCK

The best way to remove the decal is get a hair dryer and warm it a little it will come right off.If you have the spot where your going to put it the decal will stick much better while it is warm. Joel

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=JGFRANCK link=board=1;threadid=1850;start=0#msg12174 date=1120249565]
The best way to remove the decal is get a hair dryer and warm it a little it will come right off.If you have the spot where your going to put it the decal will stick much better while it is warm. Joel
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip I'll try it out.

P

PNewitt

Hi Guys,

Yes, I will ofer a new registry decal with the book....although from what I'm reading about "digging" for old decals, I might make them before the book comes out.

Paul N.

joedls

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1850;start=0#msg12246 date=1120681043]
Paul

We are ready now.

Paul
[/quote]

Yeah, what he said!

P

PNewitt

GOLLY!

From this response, I'll have to get right on it.

I assume you all want the same basic design?, 'cept change the number? (which is 4117, minus 250? 3867??)

Thanks,

Paul N.

hicountrybob

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=1;threadid=1850;start=15#msg12275 date=1120709703]
You've got my vote!! :D
actually, 251 HCS mustangs were produced, courtesy of Kevin Marti. Bob, here.[/quote]