• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS Big Block X-code on E-bay

shane18fly

This was on Craigslist in the Fresno area for a while. I think they wanted $28,000 so I suspect the reserve will be high. Nice car though!shane

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Apparently reserve has been met and its now a little over 19K...Seems like a very nice Big Block GT/CS in a nice color.

shane18fly

The way the price shot up so early makes me wonder where it will potentially end. I agree, nice big block, great color combo and someone will be lucky to have it..shane

HappyHour

Love the X code. very clean. Current economy seems to have brought it to a better price point. Not a fan of the white top on blue body. Or the wire hubcaps.

X code seems like it should have a more aggressive type color. And some Shelby wheels :icon_lol:

CougarCJ

No power steering and it has drum brakes, most likely special ordered.
Wish they would have posted the Marti report.

Mosesatm

Ok, this really bugs me.

Take a look at the paint line at the VIN cutout on the fender, and it looks like there may be paint on the opposite side hood bumper.

Attachments

• x-code.jpg
    x-code.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 89

Ruppstang

Nice car cheep paint job. Makes you wonder what other corner they cut?

NosAvrenim

If you look at the steering wheel, it looks as if the horn ring is missing.

It's also interesting how the posting states that it's a one-owner car, but things like the California Special / Shelby parts and trim "look to be orginial".

That said, it does seems that there are lots of historical bits that come along with the car, will be nice for whoever ends up buying it. Just wouldn't do so without a very solid in-person look.

nineofive

Reading the Ebay feedback for arnaj01, my guess is he is / considers himself a "dealer". All posted feed back relates to vehicle sales or purchases. As a "dealer" perhaps his ownership does not count. just a thought.

NosAvrenim

Reading the Ebay feedback for arnaj01, my guess is he is / considers himself a "dealer". All posted feed back relates to vehicle sales or purchases. As a "dealer" perhaps his ownership does not count. just a thought.

Got a note back from the seller. Not sure if he is a dealer or not, but he purchased the car in Nov '10 from the original owner and currently has it under open title.

DeadStang

Got a note back from the seller. Not sure if he is a dealer or not, but he purchased the car in Nov '10 from the original owner and currently has it under open title.

Seems like I see a lot of cars where the "dealer" doesn't consider themselves an "owner." They have a dealer license so it's legal for them to sell the car with an open title.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Wow,It sold for over $35K!! Someone paid good money for a rare Big Block GT/CS

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I will be buying more tickets for the Ronald Mc Donald 1968 X CODE GT/CS. Very desirable car...

Gary M

I Looked at this car at the Dealer last week and he offered it to me for $19,500. I went home and told my wife she had a fit so I let it go. But did I have fun showing her what it sold for on e-bay (I will never let her live that down) It was a nice car but it still needed a bunch more TLC. I just finished mine this month check it out I will be posting completed pictures today.

Love this site,
Gary M

390cs68rcode

If it doesn't show up on eBay within the next few weeks then I would consider it a good sale. Maybe someone email the seller?