• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. GT/CS Book

Powell

We just received our book order for the new GT/CS Registry from Paul Newitt.
Wow, It was worth the wait of some years. I hope the rest of you will be as impressed as I am. It is at first quick glance as "advertised" some real first time pics and stories that will be something We can be proud to show off for years to come. What a collection of facts and information for someone trying to bring one of these great cars back to life.

Ralph

sam

Looking forward to receiving mine. I'm sure it's an excellent publication.

aemoo28

Do you remember, Ralph and Karen, how we sat around the table at the marina and looked at the book as it was being put together? I can't wait to see the finished product.
That was a great get together.

OP
OP
Powell

Powell

Do you remember, Ralph and Karen, how we sat around the table at the marina and looked at the book as it was being put together? I can't wait to see the finished product.
That was a great get together.

Hi Amy,

I have to agree that the get together was a really fun event. It has been amazing for us to see the new registry from its very early stages and the trauma that has followed along with its development. Any way I know you will enjoy the final product and all the work that went into it. THANK YOU PAUL NEWITT.

Ralph

gtcs1

Looking forward to receiving mine. I'm sure it's an excellent publication.

I saw a picture of a pile of the finished products. Look so good. Can't wait to see my 4 books arriving (1 for the garage as a show piece, 1 for the librairy, 1 for the coffee table and 1 to keep as Mint memorabilia).

I can just thank Paul for all his hard work, so meticulous in his research.

I guess it will have to be a longer wait for me, for it to reach my end of the country.

DeadStang

It's been so many years now that I can't remember if I paid for all, or just 1/2 down. So either a book will come in the mail, or it won't.

DLedin

I ordered my books in Nov. of 2007 and though it's been a long haul, I have no complaints.

Matter of fact I just got off the phone with Paul. He was calling me from my house to let me know he was delivering my books to my wife. He was down here in SoCal doing Knotts yesterday. Today he had other business in the area and happened to be a matter of blocks from where I live. I really appreciate him taking the time to do that. Can't beat home delivery.

Now I can't wait to get home from work and dive into this book.

-DLedin

J.Bart

Paul is going to ship them in the next couple of weeks.
mine are suppose to ship friday 4/15
i'm sure it takes awhile to ship that many books

obwan93001

Nothing here yet.

EDIT: Saw another post that said the books will not ship until after 8/14.

I'm sure that 8/14 was a typo and s/b 4/14 or 4/18. Looks like some folks have already gotten their books be it via mail, personal delivery or @Knotts so there can't be any reason that preordered books should still be shipping in Aug. At least I hope not that is. I'm definately lookng forward to getting my two books, well, mine and my pop's books. It sounds as good as it's been said it was going to be if not even better so can't wait to check it out. :icon_ecst PMN had also mentioned that he was approved for a signing event at Galpin Auto Sports in Van Nuys, CA (the site of the 40th anniversary event) for sometime in May or late May. I couldn't make it to Knott's yet again this year but am alot closer to GAS and am hoping to be done w/my engine and trans work so I can drive my CS there. Supposedly they'd like to get as many CSs there, old and new, like they did for the 40th so hoping to be there CS and all, still unpainted but looking better and better from the inside out. :icon_lol:

Oscar

Ruppstang

I talked with Paul and he said that he has all of the books and they will ship them right a way. Marty