• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

insurance for my CS

CS68

can you please help me by referring me to insurance agencies for classic cars. I've being paying regular insurance for my classic cars that I don't drive at all. thanks
carlos

T Code Bob

I've had my GT/CS insured with Condon & Skelly out of Maple Shade NJ. Best rates I've been able to find. Luckily, I've never had to find out how good the claim service is.

tworings

We're insured by Grundy - rates seem reasonable and no mileage restriction. Car must be garaged, you must have a "regular" car for every licensed driver in household, etc. Only have had car for two months, so no experience with a claim (and hopefully never will!)

Mosesatm

tworings said:
We're insured by Grundy - rates seem reasonable and no mileage restriction. Car must be garaged, you must have a "regular" car for every licensed driver in household, etc. Only have had car for two months, so no experience with a claim (and hopefully never will!)

Grundy also seems to have a dislike for drivers under 25. I had to get a statement notarized that no one under 25 would drive the car.

BroadwayBlue

Hagerty is good as well.
No experience with claims.
Same type of stipulations, another car, etc ...
About $120 for the year.

Best bet after getting some info here is to check out a Hemmings or Ford/Mustang Trader classifieds magazine, there are plenty of ads for the major companies so you can call around.

Diesel Donna

T Code Bob said:
I've had my GT/CS insured with Condon & Skelly out of Maple Shade NJ. Best rates I've been able to find. Luckily, I've never had to find out how good the claim service is.

I have been with Condon and Skelly for over 25 years with my Mustang and am very pleased with them. I did have to file a claim on my second classic car(El Camino). I insured it in December and by August I had a terrible fire...totaled the car and they never gave me a moment's hassle. Never came to see the car or anything, they had it towed and cut me a check right away.
My other car is insured by J.C. Taylor.They had nothing else to compare it to but still insured it for what I wanted.

~~~~Donna

P

PNewitt

I just read that AAA will now accept collector cars. It was in the latest issue of Motor Trend CLASSIC (with the Sinatra cars on the cover).

Paul N.

CALIF GIRL

I have State Farm classic car insurance. I have my same agent and the car has a declared value. It has to be garaged and there is a 2500 mile a year limit.