• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New owner of 390 gt/cs on ebay

toomanycars

Hello everyone,
I am the new owner of the much talked about 390gt/cs on ebay. First of all for those wanting to know I sent the check today via FedEx! There was some talk about me not completing this transaction because of my one and only negitive feedback. I didn't take that car because it had been grossly misrepresented. I can't imagine the whoopin' I would have gotten if I had realy been a bad ebayer.
About the price... I did not bid high to think I was covering all the low bids, I bid high to get this car! I wanted this car, who knows when I would get another chance to buy another 390 gt/cs? Maybe never. As you all know its a very rare car.
As you know the car sold for $36,201.00... my high bid was for $36,202.00!!! who knew you could win an auction for $1 over the next bid!
I am not a dealer, I am not going to flip this car. The name Stock Steel Inc comes from a steel company I own and operate. I am going to keep this car for a very long time. I am going to bring it back to Naperville,IL and clean it up first of all, and then decide what needs to be done after that. I even hope to drive it some this summer. I am sure I will need the help and guidance of all the fine folks on this web site. I will keep you posted on my progress.
Oh by the way,,, I was just kidding mca.... my high bid was $42,000.00.
Thanks all,
Steve

Canuck CSter

I say we give the a chance and embrace him in our fine group...

He did pay quite an admission price, and ya gotta like his sense of humor.

I welcome you and the s code to our bunch and I'm sure you will be suprised at the deepth of knowledge and passion this group has for these's cars.

S code in Ottawa

twoclassics

Welcome Steve, I was in the same boat last July, I bought a X code from Michigan, sight unseen, and took a chance, I got it for a pretty nice price and started the mini restoration as it sounds you might. I am a originality freak and I had a lot of work to do to get it back to its original condition. Though I am not done yet it is about 90 per cent restored to original with just the interior to redo next winter. You will find there are alot of good people on this sight with a ton of knowledge about these cars. I would have gotten nowhere without their help, do not hesitate to ask question, that is what this sight is for, good luck Chuck

390cs68rcode

hope you come around and give us updates during the resto. We all enjoy helping others and since you stepped up for a 390 many people will be anxious to see what you do with it.

Hypothetically:

What would you have bid if I put my 390 CS up on Ebay? I have restored it to where it needs nothing. Paint is 98% prefect, clean engine well you get the picture.

look forward to seeing you around.

6t8-390gt

Welcome to the site. I hope the car exceeds your expectations, I bought a 68 GT off ebay sight unseen. I'm happy with my purchase and hope you get alot of satisfaction from yours. Welcome aboard.

Danny

68gt390

Welcome aboard Steve. From your post I'm glad to see she went to someone who will actually take her in the right direction. It is obvious she will now get the attention she deserves. I'm sure you will find we have a great bunch of folks here on the site and are ready and willing to help with any questions you may have during your resto work. You will also notice we sometimes get pretty down and dirty with evaluations on a CS when they come up on an auction. It's not because we are trying to slam anyone or slight them, it's out of our love and respect for these cars. I purchased my car back in Feb 04and had it not been for the folks here I would of been lost. Please besure to contact Paul and get your car in the upcoming registery. It's nice to see another 390GT/CS, 4 speed owner on the site.

Don :thumb:

p51

Nope...nope...nope. Dont believe it! Dont believe it at all. Sure dont!...No such thing as "toomanycars" :grin:

Howdy, Steve!

James

Gatorbait

Glad to have you. You bought the right car, with the right engine tranny combo, and the right color. If I could build one, that's the one for me.

case12

Steve, you are just around the corner from me. I work in Schaumburg and live in Crystal Lake. Let's hook up. There arent many GT/CS in Illinois. Maybe you can get her ready in time for the Shelby show at Volo - I will be there.

Send me a PM or email and we can chat. Casey

Diesel Donna

68gt390 said:
Welcome aboard Steve. From your post I'm glad to see she went to someone who will actually take her in the right direction. It is obvious she will now get the attention she deserves.

Don :thumb:

I don't know why...but I really like all that "she" stuff, LMAO! :wink: :rofl:

~~~~Donna

somethingspecial

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard Steve. Glad to see another 390/4speed GT/CS surface. I am restoring mine to concourse. These folks are the finest in the world, and are all willing to help. Let me know if I can help with any questions, I may not know, but I won't steer you wrong and will tell you what I know. Over 20 years research on the GT/CS. Mike

Midnight Special

Nice Catch there Steve! You'll love it!! Fly it safely!!

P.S. Man, this site is slow again... 'Must be all those gallery pics Donna downloaded ;-)

Attachments

• combo.jpg
    combo.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 23

68gt390

Tim;
I'll bet it's that "Patch" and "Pastie" thing. The system can't figure out which direction it wants to go!!!!! :rofl:

Don

Diesel Donna

Midnight Special said:
Nice Catch there Steve! You'll love it!! Fly it safely!!

P.S. Man, this site is slow again... 'Must be all those gallery pics Donna downloaded ;-)

Oh just you wait til I dig out my retro ones.....
But if I had FOUR CS's!! I'd crash the system. :smile:

Mosesatm

Diesel Donna said:
I don't know why...but I really like all that "she" stuff, LMAO! :wink: :rofl:

~~~~Donna

They're all "shes". They take all our time and money, and the older they get and their parts wear out the crankier and more demanding they become!!!

Uh oh, I probably shouldn't have done that.

Midnight Special

68gt390 said:
Tim;
I'll bet it's that "Patch" and "Pastie" thing. The system can't figure out which direction it wants to go!!!!! :rofl:

Don

...Well if a 'picture is worth a thousand words' Don, that 'patchin & pastin' saves me a hell of alot o' typin' ;-)

Mustanglvr

Congratulations!!! and Welcome Aboard!!! Steve. We`re glad to have you here. Rhonda