• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS 66 High Country Special Fender Badges

hcsmustangs

I have stopped at the $4,500 tooling costs but still plan to move forward in the future once I swallow hard a few times. I’m still looking for better prices and a machined badge wasn’t feasible for looks or finish.

I also got one of Bob Teet’s last Lucas kits and have reproduced the parts. They look good and I have a few sets but I’m searching for a more cost effective machinist based on low quantity runs.

Thanks!

Willis

GreenSpark

I have stopped at the $4,500 tooling costs but still plan to move forward in the future once I swallow hard a few times. I’m still looking for better prices and a machined badge wasn’t feasible for looks or finish.

I also got one of Bob Teet’s last Lucas kits and have reproduced the parts. They look good and I have a few sets but I’m searching for a more cost effective machinist based on low quantity runs.

Thanks!

Willis

Wow. That's terrifying.

Did you try Northwest Territory Mint or one of the companies that makes military challenge coins? I've done several coins through them (and they make more than coins). They are full-service. Might be worth checking out. Cost for art and tooling would be in the low hundreds, putting production more in reach for the numbers we are talking about. They do high quality work. They'll match Pantone colors and every detail. We would probably need to ship them an original.

I'd be willing to discuss helping front costs as necessary.

hcsmustangs

I’m willing to look at anyone at this point. I had tried the challenge coin route as my wife utilizes them in her career but not 5hese folks. Thanks for the tip!

GreenSpark

I’m willing to look at anyone at this point. I had tried the challenge coin route as my wife utilizes them in her career but not 5hese folks. Thanks for the tip!

http://www.nwtmint.com/

When I ordered my Command coins I went back and forth with artists *several* times (and always relayed through the salesperson), but the final product was spectacular.

Attachments

• AEC792D0-6669-4B0B-9430-EB4F3DD0506D.jpg
    AEC792D0-6669-4B0B-9430-EB4F3DD0506D.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 35

wallace

Found HCS Badges

I was going through my parts the other day and stumbled across a pair of HCS metal badges.

They are NOS and still in their wrapping. I believe I purchased these through a supplier who had badges from several cars that he had held onto over the years.

Would these be valuable for the tooling project?

I know there were several people working on this.

Let me know, Wallace
307-448-7342
wallaceandkaren@yahoo.com

Attachments

• HCSBadge.pdf
    28.1 KB · Views: 58