• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 PDB booster vs. Drum brake

Forsche

I'm looking for a power brake booster to replace the missing on on Sara's CS. Found one on Ebay and bought it and then remembered that I recall someone saying the PDB and power drum brake boosters are different? I'll try to take a pic of the one I have but can anyone tell me if the are different and how can I tell which One I have? Thanks.

Steve

gt/csj4

No.because In stock configuration for the Mustang, or a Fairlane, there is no such thing as a Disc Brake, Booster, or a Drum Brake booster, all are the same for the particular year. So basically,a booster is a booster.
The "difference" is in the master cylinder bore. The Drum masters have a smaller bore (Measured in 32's if i remember correct), the Disc is a tiny bit bigger. In General fashion a Drum: 7/8 "---Disc brake :15/16-1" but NO Larger than a 1". Hope this helps

OP
OP
F

Forsche

No.because In stock configuration for the Mustang, or a Fairlane, there is no such thing as a Disc Brake, Booster, or a Drum Brake booster, all are the same for the particular year. So basically,a booster is a booster.
The "difference" is in the master cylinder bore. The Drum masters have a smaller bore (Measured in 32's if i remember correct), the Disc is a tiny bit bigger. In General fashion a Drum: 7/8 "---Disc brake :15/16-1" but NO Larger than a 1". Hope this helps

This does help! Thanks. I'll send it in to Booster Dewey to rebuild.

Steve