• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS Restoration project at Mustang Central in GA

robert campbell

Interesting that neither original quarter panel shows a hole for the side scoop center stud mount. Were they filled in, or were the quarters replaced.

Here again, what did the most early GT/CS or HCS cars look like. Did they have holes for the trim piece on the stock edge that was removed? Were the holes for the trim piece drilled down the line? Help me remember, did the plain jane cars not have the trim piece on the scoop area. Was this just an option? To lazy to look at my books....

Rob

mmarsalone

Rob,

All 68's (standard) had the vertical trim piece. There wasn't a delete option like the 65 and 66 model years. Although I can't answer your question about how they came down the line.