• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Funny street Names

marie68csmustangs

Hello everyone,

Just wonderning if there are any funny/ unusual strre names in your area. In Mine, We have a few Manlove, Butterfield, Power Inn, are a few in Sacramento.

In Midnight's Special's territory it's You Bet, Red Dog, Gold Flat, Dog Bar, and Banner Lava Cap Rd.. to name just a few....

Marie

Mustanglvr

No funny street names here but I used to live in Yellow Medicine county, Minnesota and Minnehaha county in South Dakota. I guess they are American Indian names, but they are funny sounding. Thats probably one reason why alot of tourists think the midwest is still wild like the old wild west.

CALIF GIRL

Well this is not in my town, but I did find it amusing...

Attachments

• 2street.JPG
    2street.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 129

CALIF GIRL

I kinda liked this one too.

Attachments

• 2sign.JPG
    2sign.JPG
    3.2 KB · Views: 131

rvrtrash

Well this being Idaho and having a reputation to maintain, we have names like Gun Club Rd., Ohio Match Rd., Powderhorn, Musket, Winchester, Remington, etc. :scared:
Steve

BroadwayBlue

Here is a contest CarConnection.com was running a few months ago.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Extras/Contests/TCCs_Wild_Weird_and_Wacky_Street_Names_Contest.S207.A9766.html

I was looking for an article in our local newspaper a few years ago but couldn't find it.

We have some doozies around here such as:

Joe's Hill Rd
Aunt Hack Rd
Bullet Hole Rd
Gallows Hill Rd (where they really used to hang people)
Sodom Rd (I'll let you guess what kind of houses used to be on this street)
Hooker Rd (I think it's the name of a person)

There are a lot more but they aren't coming to me right now

luisa2552

I lived on a street called Wissahicken. I like the way it rolls off the tounge....

Diesel Donna

Lake Havasu City, Az. has a street named 'Broomrape' !!! :rollout:

On Interstate 5 in Oregon, there is a creek named JumpOff Joe Creek.

Last edited:

AZ68

Chandler

In AZ our house in the middle of the solar system... mixed with other names that make no sense... Not really weird, but there is no reasoning.

Mercury Dr.
Milky Way
Saturn
Saragosa St.
Morelos
Criss St.
Chicago
Country Club Way (And there isn't a Country Club anywhere near the area).

Mustanglvr

We have a small town here in Minnesota called Hanley Falls. But there are no falls and no river.

Diesel Donna

Mustanglvr said:
We have a small town here in Minnesota called Hanley Falls. But there are no falls and no river.

Maybe this guy Hanley fell down a lot.

OP
OP
marie68csmustangs

marie68csmustangs

Several streets in my area are called Dry Creek Rd, and several creeks are also called dry creek.. Not too dry right now, it's been raining a lot here.. The streets in my neighborhood are named after golfers like Hogan Dr. Some towns here have interesting names like Fiddletown and Cool.. The town of Lodi, CA has a street called Ham Ln, - I think that it would be funny if they had a street intersecting it called Pepperoni Dr... :))

hcsstang

I'm not going to tell you the names of a couple towns in Lancaster, Pa. I don't know what possed why somebody would name towns like that. Email me and I'll tell you.

Mosesatm

No street names but there is a bar in Sabin, MN called "The Crow Bar" (I have an official Crow Bar clock and a sweat shirt) and a beauty salon in Okanogan, WA called the "Wak-N-Yak".

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
No street names but there is a bar in Sabin, MN called "The Crow Bar" (I have an official Crow Bar clock and a sweat shirt) and a beauty salon in Okanogan, WA called the "Wak-N-Yak".

There`s a Crow Bar in Sioux Falls, South Dakota where I`m from. Been there many times. There was a bar called The Green Door that my parents hung out at back in the 1940`s by Madison, S.D. It was quite the place in its time. It was pretty risque.