• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

California Special Question?

8)
Maybe someone can help me out? I bought a Cal. Special several years ago from the second owner of the car. It had been used over the years as the family car, then his kids used it for college etc. There was a small dent in the rear bumper, and what looked like some bondo on the rear valence under the bumper. Other than that the body and interior are in great shape.
My question is, although I've never seen any signs of damage up front, the grill has a pony on it? Was there any circumstance where Ford would have put a grill on with the pony on it? The original hood with the pins, the lucas foglights and everything else is in place and in good shape.
Perhaps only the grill was replaced for some reason?
Any info would be helpful. I'm considering selling it and I'd like to have as much info as possible.
The car color is a competition orange. The previous owner had spray painted the side scoops black ???
Since I've owned it, I've replaced the whole wiring harness under the hood, added dual Flowmasters, K&N filter etc. I runs and sounds really good. Its always been in CA. and at least since I've owned it, always been garaged.
I'll post more detailed info later. Just wanted an answer to my question.

Thanks,
Randy

Mr. Shelby Guy

It could've been special ordered. That would be the only way it would come w/ a pony on the front (if you could do so).

68sunlitgold

Randy,
I have seen a few GT/CS's that have the correct grille but someone has placed a pony/corral on them. I would venture that it is a previous owner add on.
Doug

68sunlitgold

Randy,
Jon was not talking about the post the Lucas lights sit on, he was talking about the brackets in the grille. They were originally used for Marchal lights, but Lucas just have the light wiring passing through it. Even though the brackets are not essential for the Lucas lights, they were still installed on the cars. Here is a picture of the brackets.
Doug

Attachments

• CSGrille.jpg
    CSGrille.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 17

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yup, those brackets should be on your grille if it's original.

OP
OP
G

No, My grill doesn't look like that. So obviously it's been replaced. Thanks for the info!

Randy

ote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=373;start=0#msg1942 date=1053658575]
Randy,
Jon was not talking about the post the Lucas lights sit on, he was talking about the brackets in the grille. They were originally used for Marchal lights, but Lucas just have the light wiring passing through it. Even though the brackets are not essential for the Lucas lights, they were still installed on the cars. Here is a picture of the brackets.
Doug