• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Thumbing through my photos for the registry......

390cs68rcode

thought I might as well post a pic of the first trophy I won in the maroon CS. This was a 150-175 car show with a Peoples Choice for the top 20. Long live the mullet (haircut).

attachment.php

Attachments

• IM000265.JPG
    IM000265.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

68sunlitgold

Jason,
way to go on your win....I think your car is very impressive looking.

Doug

PS. I am actually in the big "D" (Dallas) for Thanksgiving with the inlaws....wish I was closer and I would come for a visit.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

the Autorama show is in Houston THursday thru Sunday. Come down and see the 390 CS in it. sounds like a good enough excuse to me. :):icon_lol:

68gt390

Jason;
Was comparing your Marti Report for your "S" code to mine and I find it strange your report didn't list "4,766 with GT Equipment Group" under the statistics area even though it's shown in the options list. What's even stranger is my Marti Report doesn't list "4,118 with California Special" in the statistics area even though it's listed under the options list. At least they got the "1,343 with these Engine/Transmission Codes" correct. That's what is shown on my Marti Report on my GT. Kinda makes me wonder just how accurate they are being with these reports. Or could they be limiting this area to just "5" entries? Could this be a question to pose to Kevin Marti?

Don :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Don

I think Marti changes around the fields that show the rarity. I ordered the $200 full meal deal from Marti and asked if he could list the raraity of the 390, C-6 and the ones from Canada and he said it will only use the numbers from all of the 68's and cannot narrow it down to only the CS's. I was pretty irritated he could not narrow down the stats the way I wanted (especially for the $200 fee).

Herck, good to see you got it uploaded.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Herck

I see yours got the extra cooling package (bigger radiator? transmission cooler?). Have you added AC? I had to down here.

Herck

no aircon i dont think many if any had aircon here.do u know of any one who wants a 390 fe motor its a truck motor its been sonic tested and all machine work done they can have motor for free just want the money for machine work ive done already. it would be a good motor to put in mustang thats what i got it for but starting renovations on house so i dont have room for it i would have to move it out side and that would destroy motor lots of new parts like water pump etc . im going to use the original motor in car.

68gt390

Herck said:
no aircon i dont think many if any had aircon here.do u know of any one who wants a 390 fe motor its a truck motor its been sonic tested and all machine work done they can have motor for free just want the money for machine work ive done already. it would be a good motor to put in mustang thats what i got it for but starting renovations on house so i dont have room for it i would have to move it out side and that would destroy motor lots of new parts like water pump etc . im going to use the original motor in car.

Herck;
Send me an email with cost for machine work and what type of work has been done. Any idea of cost to ship from your location (Vancouver) to Columbus, OH? I'm looking for another 390 so I can pull my original 390 and store it before I totally ruin it. Want to keep the #'s matching block in good shape.

Don

Herck

i sent u a email. thats the best thing to do i think these car are going to get much more expensive in the future so its allways best to keep original motor nice and fresh. i went the wrong way with original motor ive got so much performance parts for her here and on the way i need to get rid of the other engine parts for space reasons.o well i figure i allready over bored the factory motor to 428 there is no reason to stop now.i set out to build a 550 horse and up motor for racing.