• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. SAAC Officially Adds GT/CS

case12

Shelby Amercian Automotive Club (SAAC) has now added the GT/California Special to their site due to the Shelby and Little Red heritage of our cars!!!!!

I know some people aren't into SAAC and I dont mean to imply everybody should be. But, I was always hoping SAAC would some day recognize our unique car for its Shelby heritage and now it has happened. Rich Kopek, SAAC Director, was the first one to post. I added a few things too.

This is another cool way for our cars to be associated and become known by the public - first it was MCA taking a big interest in us and even changing their judging rules for us, and now by SAAC taking interest in us.

It's neat to mingle with the Shelby folk and read some of their inputs too - especially as the GT/CS uses the exact same parts as the 68 Shelby (remember, from the blueprints I found online a few years ago).

Anyway, if it's your kind of thing, go check it out:

http://saacforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=386d3a1157fb55649554086e4b837116&board=52.0

Thanks, Casey

CougarCJ

Awesome news Casey!

I read the threads that were in the link. "It's a Trap!" started by Rick Kopec. Too funny, careful what you wish for Rick.

GT/CS recognition by SAAC, that should be a good thing.
Oh, wait, didn't they recognize the Eleanor cars too. LOL

Seriously, this is good news. I feel very fortunate that I now own a California Special. Probably won't be able to afford one in the future.

Doug

This is great news!!! Does this mean that we will be next to Shelby's in car shows? IMHO as a former Shelby owner this might give our GT/CS more creditability to those "uneducated" car fans.

Mosesatm

Shelby Amercian Automotive Club (SAAC) has now added the GT/California Special to their site due to the Shelby and Little Red heritage of our cars!!!!!

I know some people aren't into SAAC and I dont mean to imply everybody should be. But, I was always hoping SAAC would some day recognize our unique car for its Shelby heritage and now it has happened. Rich Kopek, SAAC Director, was the first one to post. I added a few things too.

This is another cool way for our cars to be associated and become known by the public - first it was MCA taking a big interest in us and even changing their judging rules for us, and now by SAAC taking interest in us.

It's neat to mingle with the Shelby folk and read some of their inputs too - especially as the GT/CS uses the exact same parts as the 68 Shelby (remember, from the blueprints I found online a few years ago).

Anyway, if it's your kind of thing, go check it out:

http://saacforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=386d3a1157fb55649554086e4b837116&board=52.0

Thanks, Casey

Does this mean that they will add the GT/CS registry to their other registries, and will Paul then be the official SAAC GT/CS registrar?

OP
OP
case12

case12

Arlie, I dont know about the registry question. From the forum discussion it seems SAAC is very interested in having a GT/CS cover car on their magazine. It seems like they are really embrasing the GT/CS.

HCSStang, I am sure the HCS is included and welcome. Post something about how the HCS is the brother of the GT/CS and I am sure people will get it. If I dont see something posted soon, I will add it myself. With only 251 HCS - they are rare indeed.

Casey

OP
OP
case12

case12

I just posted a small explanation about the HCS and how it is part of the history and also part of the registry on the thread "It's a trap". I also mentioned John's original GT/CS 428CJ. Casey

di81977

Thanks Casey, from a HCS owner.

I did not know the HCS's were shipped without the GT/CS decals and had the HCS decal installed at the dealer. This makes sense, though, as I remember Bob Teets telling me that when he went to have a batch of HCS decals made a while back, he found the original decal maker in Denver (I believe by accident).

John McGilvary

I just posted a small explanation about the HCS and how it is part of the history and also part of the registry on the thread "It's a trap". I also mentioned John's original GT/CS 428CJ. Casey

Keep up the good work, Casey.

Its cool for me to see the California Special go from a ' POOR MANS SHELBY " in 1968 to a respected limited edition Mustang in 2009.

John

bish

I'm a member of that site too, it's too bad that Paul had to take a "shot" at this forum in one of his posts and it's sad that he has alienated himself from the true enthusiasts of the GT/CS, now IMHO he's looking for the SAAC boys to pad his ego, I wish him well.

OP
OP
case12

case12

I'm a member of that site too, it's too bad that Paul had to take a "shot" at this forum in one of his posts and it's sad that he has alienated himself from the true enthusiasts of the GT/CS, now IMHO he's looking for the SAAC boys to pad his ego, I wish him well.

Hi Bish - sometimes personalities do have effect on forums.

What I am excited about is the fact of SAAC embracing the GT/CS. I think new value will be added from that relationship, since the history in 1968 was so intertwined between the Shelby and GT/CS. I am looking foward to new inputs from the SAAC people.

When we worked with MCA on a number of projects to further recognize the GT/CS, we made some good friends there and we learned a lot from each other (ex; look at what value Jeff Speagle brings to us about the San Jose built cars - and he is an MCA head judge).

At the same time, I enjoy our GT/CS discussions here too, and love taking my car out for a spin and getting the thumbs up. It's all part of the GT/CS experience. :smile:Thanks, Casey

Doug

I agree with this above post. I have been a member of SAAC for over 20 years and always felt that our CS should be "somewhat" included. I wonder if Paul's humbleness has affected our cars inclusion. Maybe Tim and some others known something we don’t.

Midnight Special

I agree with this above post. I have been a member of SAAC for over 20 years and always felt that our CS should be "somewhat" included. I wonder if Paul's humbleness has affected our cars inclusion. Maybe Tim and some others known something we don’t.

...All I would add is that I hope everyone gets and achieves what they want. 'That we also accept each other's differences and continue to "grow" one another to the highest levels in the "big picture"....enjoyment and praise of some of the greatest American automobiles ever produced!

Thank you Casey for your "true" dedication and hard work!

CaptDave

It great having the GT/CS guys at SAAC. All are welcome.

CaptDave

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the welcome Dave. It's good to see the connection being made between the SAAC and the GT/CS cars. Obviously they're different cars, but connected none the less. And it will be fun to learn from each other, which most of us agree is what makes this hobby so interesting.:smile:

Perkchiro

Paul's comments from the SAAC site.

I was wondering about the "diss" from Paul regarding our CS forum here. I take offense to the "character" of our site. Here is his statement in quotes. As far as I'm concerned, good riddance!

"I'd be happy to do an article about the CS for Shelby American. However that works within the publication's scheduling.

Yes-- the CS.com site is interesting...but I'm no longer participating on the message boards. Seven years, and 2,670 posts. All I'll say is that the "character" of that site is different than here. I like being here....shoulda been here long before now.

Thanks to everyone welcoming me here.

(and..oh...that Martini is a little too dry, bring me another one!! Gosh,
what does a guy have to do 'round here??? )

Paul.
peelout.gif
"

OP
OP
case12

case12

Hi All,

I was hoping to keep this thread about SAAC.

Most of you know I try to stick to topics relating to our GT/CS and HCS, and have worked hard to learn more and to let more people know about our unique car in many different ways. I am hoping we can do that with SAAC, and make some friends there too.

Casey

Last edited:

bish

Hi All,

I was hoping to keep this thread about SAAC.

Most of you know I try to stick to topics relating to our GT/CS and HCS, and have worked hard to learn more and to let more people know about our unique car in many different ways. I am hoping we can do that with SAAC, and make some friends there too.

Casey

Casey, I agree with you!
It's not my intent to stir up the pot.
You're a class act by staying away from the negative stuff, sorry for bringing my comments into your topic, but that comment did not set well with me. Keep up the good work!

CougarCJ

I was wondering about the "diss" from Paul regarding our CS forum here. I take offense to the "character" of our site. Here is his statement in quotes. As far as I'm concerned, good riddance!

"I'd be happy to do an article about the CS for Shelby American. However that works within the publication's scheduling.

Yes-- the CS.com site is interesting...but I'm no longer participating on the message boards. Seven years, and 2,670 posts. All I'll say is that the "character" of that site is different than here. I like being here....shoulda been here long before now.

Thanks to everyone welcoming me here.

(and..oh...that Martini is a little too dry, bring me another one!! Gosh,
what does a guy have to do 'round here??? )

Paul.
peelout.gif
"

Steve, I am sure that it is going to be a short honeymoon.

Casey, you edited that one line in your post before I could respond. :smile:
Folks are going to continue to comment about Paul.
Like it or not he is a topic associated with the GT/CS & HCS, now and forever.