• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS registry window sticker

retroman99

does anybody have any of the old stickers Paul had. I sent him an email a few years back but never heard anything back. perhaps its time to make a new one. I played around on the PC and came up with this version but am undecided I also don't know where to take it to get some made up. my skills and software are very limited so I cant get to fancy myself. was thinking we would want it to be transparent and about 3 inches in diameter. looking for thoughts and or suggestions?

Attachments

• sticker with gradientfinal masterexperiment.jpg
    sticker with gradientfinal masterexperiment.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 116

CougarCJ

Me too. Probably easy to modify the art work to include the High Country Specials as a spin-off?

stangfan

I managed to get an original from Paul a few years back. Your version looks good. Size is perfect. Let us know if you do produce them.

robert campbell

Hate to say it, but be careful. Paul copywrited all of his stuff. Even old Ford drawings and pictures.

I doubt he would go after anyone, but just so you know. And the ability to hire a lawyer and such, for such a small decal would be absurd.

Try to make it a bit different if you can.

Rob

limelyt

Hate to say it, but be careful. Paul copywrited all of his stuff. Even old Ford drawings and pictures.

I doubt he would go after anyone, but just so you know. And the ability to hire a lawyer and such, for such a small decal would be absurd.

Try to make it a bit different if you can.

Rob

Good point Rob. if it get changed it might make sense to do a 50th anniversary decal

Gary

sam

I like it. Although I have the "Paul Newitt" version, I'd be interested in another new design. Keep us posted.
Sam

franklinair

A 50th Anniversary decal would be perfect timing, and no copyright infringement.

Neil

franklinair

HCS models preceded the GT/CS models. They should have their very own recognition, IMHO.

Neil

OP
OP
R

retroman99

HCS models preceded the GT/CS models. They should have their very own recognition, IMHO.

Neil
I like the idea of a 50th anniversary idea to it so let me work on it. let me play with it as I said my software and design skills are limited

Attachments

• gtcs sticker draft 50TH .jpg
    gtcs sticker draft 50TH .jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

retroman99

does anybody have any of the old stickers Paul had. I sent him an email a few years back but never heard anything back. perhaps its time to make a new one. I played around on the PC and came up with this version but am undecided I also don't know where to take it to get some made up. my skills and software are very limited so I cant get to fancy myself. was thinking we would want it to be transparent and about 3 inches in diameter. looking for thoughts and or suggestions?
OK TRIED TO add some 50th Anniversary bling to it and also incorp our HCS brothers and sisters. not sure seems lots going on with this sticker. but believe it is different enough from Paul's thoughts?

Attachments

• gtcs sticker draft 50TH .jpg
    gtcs sticker draft 50TH .jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 78

franklinair

What about '66 & '67 HCS models? They're not included?
HCS's were produced '66 thru '68. Maybe its not economically feasible to produce the fewer HCS decals that would be in lower demand?

Neil

somethingspecial

Keep in mind 4118 is the total number cars built with the GT/CS package. There were 3867 GT/CS cars and 251 1968 HCS cars.

mbsf1970

Very well done. Love the spirit behind the effort.

If I may share the following thoughts with you.

In an effort to reduce to "busy-ness" of the sticker (the eye is all over the place taking it all in) I would respectfully suggest the following:

2 seperate stickers

First one: Gt/cs sticker

1) Shrink palm tree to not interfere with 1968 1/2 Ford Mustang banner

2) Remove the "1968-2018" notation and then center the 50th Anniversary (for better emphasis on it)

3) 1 of 3867 at bottom of sticker

Second one HCS

1) place pine trees in place of palm tree

2) Replace California Special Script with the HCS crest

3) 1 of 251

Stephen

BigJim

My thoughts...

1. Remove the HCS shield (make a separate decal for HCS if there is enough interest).
2. Move the years and 50th anniversary to the bottom arch.
3. Remove the 1/2 from 1968.
4. Remove the pine trees.
5. Change 4118 to 3867.

green56

Stickers

Put me down of one for my car just let me know what the cost is looks like you are doing a very nice job on making then up Tom from wi