• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Brought home a trophy with the CS in a show today ***pics added***

390cs68rcode

Local show with 300 cars entered. The awards were done by peoples choice, not judges. They gave out 30 trophies to the top 30 out of 300 and mine was one of the cars picked. Most of the winners were 40's and 50's cars. My buddy's GT500 and another friends' 70 Mach also won trophies.

Trophy is a nice lage gold metal cup with a marble base.

I was very happy to be chosen out of all these cars. I bought this car from a fellow board member about 4 months ago. I have been doing small things to it to bring it up to a higher level which seems to be working so far. I have other projects for the car and have some other local shows coming up in the next few months.

It was nice to see people taking long looks at the car and the dealer poster of the CS to explain what it is. It was parked next to my buddies 500KR and seemed to get almost as much attention as his.

;D

pics added:

cstrophy.jpg

cstrophy1.jpg

and a pic of my goober friend ;)
csthrophy2.jpg

68sunlitgold

Re:Brought home a trophy with the CS in a show today

jb,
congrates on the trophy, did you take any pictures of the show? If so you can add them to the gallery, I would love to see how your car looked along with the KR & Boss.

Doug

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

I did not take any photos but my buddy got a few. I did not even know about this show until 9:00 pm last night so I was kinda rushed and forgot my camera. Not to mention 6 hours sleep. Seems like nap time now.

coloradoHCS

Congtratulations on the trophy! That is a good sized show with 300 cars. I like peoples choice because it gives a better sense of what is liked at the show.

hcsstang

One thing about peoples choise the more friends you have the more votes you get!!! ???

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=1543;start=0#msg9303 date=1112708759]
One thing about peoples choise the more friends you have the more votes you get!!! ???
[/quote]

somewhat true but considering I only knew one person............

PB gtcs

JB, I wish I could send an applauds by email ;D. Thanks for sharing.

Brian

quicknick

Congrats on the trophy. The CS is looking good.
Looks like great minds think alike. I also used my sales brochure in my car show sign. It really attracts attention and answers all of the same questions people keep asking. Great job. Oh, and the Shelby looks ok too I guess!

Mustanglvr

:)Congratulations Jbsteven and to your friend. Those are very pretty cars. I love the color of your GT/CS.
Rhonda