• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Brighter brake light bulbs??

OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

No. T/S switch remains as is. You may have to replace the flasher due to lower current draw. You'll need 6 to do both tail lites.

Neil

ok Neil, time to educate me.....what's the diff between T/S and flasher?? If I plug and play 6 of these to do the tail lights, what needs changing?
Stephen

franklinair

The T/S (Turn signal Switch) is located in the steering column, activated by the lever on the left side of the steering column.
The Flasher is located behind the instrument cluster. There are 2 flashers- one for the turn signals, one for the Emergency flasher. Either one is a PITA to get to. They are identical in function & appearance, but are separate circuits.
You MAY get lucky and not have to replace the T/S Flasher. It will depend on the current draw, as the LED lamps draw far less current than the incandescent bulbs.
Just replace the old bulbs as you plan, and see if the turn signals work OK (flashing rate). If the turn signals flash too slowly (or not at all) you'll have to replace the T/S Flasher with one compatible with LED's.

Neil

OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

ah! ok. I'm getting there. I'll try them and see what happens! Man you live too far away. when are you planning a Mustang visit up here?? You know, 2 weeks with tools in hand....:rolleyes:

Stephen

franklinair

Sorry, but I let my passport expire years ago. (The airline used to ship me all over the world):icon_bore
Now I'm content to stay here, fix airplanes, and fiddle with Mustangs. God is good.

Neil

Attachments

• MEGAFILE 060.jpg
    MEGAFILE 060.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Mustanger

Sorry, but I let my passport expire years ago. (The airline used to ship me all over the world):icon_bore
Now I'm content to stay here, fix airplanes, and fiddle with Mustangs. God is good.

Neil

... sounds like you live a blessed life :thumb: ...

Sarge

I've done the needlenose and that works. A carrot will work as well, and won't really cause any damage if you slip...
Robert

66hcs-conv

I got some 1157 LED replacements from O'Reilly auto. They are bright, direct plug in, and work great. They can be seen on the O'Reilly web site by doing a search on their web site for: 1157r OR: 1157red
They are made/sold by "Jam Strait".

Have fun, Dave

Last edited: