• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

653 versus 656

nfrntau

I found this answer to a question that was asked on an ebay listing for 653's

"The 653 and 656 lights are very close. All parts are interchangeable. The 653 use a conventional french 3-pin bulb and the 656 use a H1 bulb. The glass on 656 say '656 IODE', no marking of '653' on the 653-glass. The frames on these 653 lamps say 'Marchal 653' but some 653 lights and all 656 lights are without this marking."

Just thought it was interesting and passing it along.

68gt390

That was a question I asked the gentleman selling the below lights several days ago to see what his answer was. He had them listed as lights for both Shelby and GT/CS. I see he has since changed his add for the lights. They do look very close except for the 653 stamped on the top and inside of the housing. They also use a different type bulb than the 656's. Good information to know. If one needed a set of Marchals they would suffice until you could find a set of 656. I also think that is why the price is much lower than a set of 656's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...5413&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr3_PcY_BIN_IT

Don