• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bullitt or GT/CS... what to do, what to do

wally05

Well, I'm never getting rid of the 68, I just love the look too much and it's a good investment. :)

But, with the unveiling of the new Bullitt, I'm having thoughts about going after one in the next year. It matters on possible mark up and everything else, but it is a possibility. When I was little and I saw that movie and the chase, I've been in love with the DHG mustang. When the new body style came out, I was stoked. But, when rumors of very high prices and such came out, I decided to jump on this deal for my 07 GT/CS.

Well, with the new price for the bullitt... ;) It's a very understated look that I like a lot. This is the mustang I have been waiting for since I was in love with Mustangs. Also...upside is that I'd feel bad if I modded it, so that would stop that urge, haha.

What do you folks think about the new Bullitt? Anyone looking for an 07 GT/CS with 1,700 miles? haha

Midwest auto gear plenum and fuel rail covers
Tuneable Inductions Cold Air Intake and tuner-- tuned by Brenspeed
CHE k-member brace with torque limiters
Flowmaster AT mufflers

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

affirmative. I haven't had the GT/CS horribly long. I love the car, but the Bullitt is like one of those childhood dreams, ya know?

CAL

Great car the new Bullit. Not sure where the extra $4-5K is though as you could get the parts off the Ford Racing Performance Parts website.

Expect a nice huge Dealer Markup - who knows what the first ones to hit the dealers will "really" cost you. Can you tell I'm biased, yes..... go with the CS/GT. Uh oh,,,, here come the Shelby GT and "collector car" buyers...just waiting to pounce on them. I'm sure they're at the dealers already driving the price up for us regular folk........

Stay with a new '08 CT/CS....... Brad Pitt is starring in the new "Bullit" movie and I'm sure will be driving it---don't think I could drive what Pitt (girly man) is driving......my $0.02.....

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

I was expecting biased opinions.. we all have them, haha. The CS is a beautiful car and I'm lucky to have one. With the response the Bullitt is getting right now, I don't think they'll fly out of dealerships, so I'm expecting some bargaining is going to happen. I'm currently corresponding with my dealership right now about it. I gave them the MSRP given by Ford. If they pull out the "limited number" crap, I'll just say how so few shelby gts and cali specials were made, but they are still sitting on lots. From what I've gathered by being there and talking to the sales guys, they are not moving cars very well right now... time to haggle!

Mustanger

...From what I've gathered by being there and talking to the sales guys, they are not moving cars very well right now... time to haggle!

Remember, time is on your side ... if you can be cool about it, visit them and haggle, then walk away ... come back, haggle some more, bring the price down lower (forget MSRP, look at Invoice), and if you're not happy, then walk away ... remember, you need to steer the way things go ... time is on your side ... better yet, avoid the hassle and go with the X-plan or Fleet-pricing/Internet-pricing ... :thumb:

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Oh yeah, I'm working on it. :) I'll keep haggling and if it doesn't work out, I'll just hold off. I would love to go with the x-plan pricing, but I don't know where I can get the pin code. :(

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Thanks for the support. :) I'll check it out. I finally found a dealership that knows what he is talking about (aka a mustang guy). He says that he has the order guides (the other dealerships I called don't and they were jerks about it) and that he would be ready to sit down and price one out next week. :) Good guy. We talked about it for awhile. He says he'll probably get one. He said "dont quote me on this, but it's looking like we won't be doing markups for this car, it's not a Shelby. That is just from my conversations with the owner." From what I've gathered, dealerships are having such a hard time with moving shelby's from "markup fear" that they are afraid to ADM this car. Pretty much, people already think it is going to be marked up, so they don't even look at the car. We'll see, I'm going to haggle and see if I can get x-plan pricing.

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Haha, the thing is, the BOSS doesn't really do anything for me. I've always been a Bullitt guy. Excessive HP isn't a big deal to me b/c I really only drive on regular roads. Throttle response and handling are more important to me. :) Thanks for the advice so far, folks. It helps! The Bullitt is really the only SE I'm interested in. I'm looking to see what I can about a deposit and such.

ahainline

Understandable, excessive HP isnt my thing either but I have always liked the older BOSS models so that would just be my personal choice. But even above that I would want the new Challenger.. wouldnt be able to afford either right now though lol

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Just got news that one of the IMBOC guys asked if there will something to answer to the camaro and challenger... Ford reps told him "yes" and that it is in development right now... oh boy!

RebelYell

Go for it

God if my wife knew what I was thinking right now she would kill me.:scared: I PROMISSED her that my CS would be my last one if she would just let me trade in my NEW 06 Mustang GT on it. That of course was after I promised I would quit bugging her about getting a 06 GT to replace the 05 GT I traded in for a 06 Focus. (Gas mileage is why.LOL) Let see she had me trade in the Focus for her 08 Warriors in Pink so maybe I could get away with it. :icon_no: My dealer would fall out of his chair. They love me at Ford. LOL. That’s four Stangs in as many years.:eek:

I am assuming you have already made up your mind on the Bullitt so enjoy your long time passion. Let us know if the dealer came up with a number you are happy with.

RebelYell :cool:

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Yes: I have an update... ;) I'm taking the GT/CS in to be looked at as a trade-in and evaluated. I have some potential private party buyers right now, this dealership I found is pretty honest so I think I have a shot at coming out pretty good.

I called them, they will not be marking up the Bullitts, but will probably only be allowed 3. I priced it with my options, $32,000 msrp, $29k x-plan. With my money from the GT/CS, I'll barely be paying anything on it really. I'm going in Thursday for the inspection, haggle, and putting the down payment on my BULLITT! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... but seriously, if I ever even consider selling it down the road (I can't see that happening)... somebody come find me and slap me!

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Yep, ordered it tonight. Their used car guy was trying to low ball me, but I kept the trade-in price at a good number. I got the Bullitt for x-plan. :)