• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Here's some Interesting Logic

Mosesatm

This car has been for sale at $14,999 for almost two years on Craigslist. It didn't sell, so a few weeks ago the owner increased the price to $17,700. Still no sale so then last week he raised it to $18,600!!

His reasoning for raising the price is because he checked the NADA guide and found out that he had the car priced way too low!!!!

franklinair

I think the logic lies in the fact that subconsciously he doesn't truly wish to sell the car.
Its basically a plain-Jane '68 coupe of lower market value than his original asking price.
Too bad. It could make someone a decent driver, if in fact it has no rust issues. But being a Metucheon build, in Northern states, it would need to be looked at very carefully.
JMHO.

Neil

68gulfstream

It sounds crazy, but sometimes a higher price makes something more desirable to some folks?

mbsf1970

Arlie,
I also have seen this car repeatedly on CL. Guy thinks he's sitting on gold!!
I agree with Neil, If he's truly had it since 1968 he doesn't want to sell....

BigJim

Maybe he's raising the price so he can reduce it in the near future.