• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Forming GT/CS Chapter in SVT Owner's Assoc.

nfrntau

No interest in expanding my horizons, barely have time to come here and enjoy everyone here on occassion. The more we split and spread out the less we become. We're Californina Special so I'm staying at the CS specific location.

Cory
I agree with Cory

I have no interest in going somewhere else to broaden my horizons at the moment. This site is my place. I love coming here.
I see no advantage to going or joining something else to booster my experience. If Jon decided to stop this forum (OMG), I would be a lost.

Paul, please don't take this wrong but I have difficulty seeing the connection between us joining another organization and your time spent on the GT/CS registry?

Are you suggesting that we become a small part of a different organization rather than the whole part of what we currently have?

Bill

Doug

Are you suggesting that we become a small part of a different organization rather than the whole part of what we currently have?

Bill[/QUOTE]

We are not a whole part because this site does discuss the newer CS/GT's. I agree that if the 68 CS/GT cars are part of a bigger group we would become lost. At best the 1968 cars have 3,000 total remaining and I think that the newer ones will total 20,000 plus. That along with the 35 years of seperation the cars have nothing in common - other a name. So in a nut shell why would those interested in 68 cars want to wade through all the newer cars threads and I am sure some day ads. Past experiences tell me that many of the 1st generation Shelby fans feel the same. By all means develop a newer CS/GT site but as I see it it just does not blend in with the 1st generation CS/GT's.

aemoo28

"We are not a whole part because this site does discuss the newer CS/GT's. I agree that if the 68 CS/GT cars are part of a bigger group we would become lost. That along with the 35 years of seperation the cars have nothing in common - other a name. So in a nut shell why would those interested in 68 cars want to wade through all the newer cars threads and I am sure some day ads. By all means develop a newer CS/GT site but as I see it it just does not blend in with the 1st generation CS/GT's."

I've tied into this respectfully by owning both an original and late model CS. I come here to read about both. I want a site that discusses both, and see no reason to send the late models out somewhere else. True they are not similar at ALL, but a name is a name.

A CS is a CS is a CS. Walks like a duck...

I do not see the need for another group, with all respect, and see a bigger need to stay unified right here.

Midnight Special

...I don't see where we're being asked to merge or for late-model folks to leave here, rather an invitation to individuals who want to expand to do so.
A person can do both... I do see it as an expansion for Paul however, to sell more stuff. So be it, but I'm staying here...

Ladystang

Up to now, I've largely bypassed this thread. But, now I have to speak.
I see nothing wrong with what Paul has suggested. Check the site out if you like, if not, O.K. Most owners of the new CS's do not feel comfortable on this site. There is not much here for them (us).
I love my 07 CS as much as any of the owners of the 68 CS's do. I take pride in ownership and the care of it. We enjoy showing it at shows, and have taken many, many awards with it. ( Even a few 'best of show' awards. ) As have a lot of you.
Being of the older generation, I have been around for awhile. I disliked 'clicks', 'in groups', etc., in highschool, and I dislike them now. I know that will get some nasty comments, but that is the way it feels here, to me, at times. It's the same no matter what the car, or the club. If you have an old car, you don't want new cars to show at the same shows you do. Why?? Some say, "They just buy one and show it". Well, the same is true of many older cars. Some of the owners just pay enough money to purchase a restored car, and show it. Or they purchase a needy car and pay to have it restored to orginial beauty. Well, I say good for all of them. I admire those that do all or most of the work to restore one on their own. I just like the cars. New and Old. We own some of both. This hobby is meant to be fun.

So what if Paul makes some money. Good for him if he can, and it's none of our business if he does.

O.K. Back to mostly reading here.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Apples and Oranges off the same tree.

Up to now, I've largely bypassed this thread. But, now I have to speak.
I see nothing wrong with what Paul has suggested. Check the site out if you like, if not, O.K. Most owners of the new CS's do not feel comfortable on this site. There is not much here for them (us).
I love my 07 CS as much as any of the owners of the 68 CS's do. I take pride in ownership and the care of it. We enjoy showing it at shows, and have taken many, many awards with it. ( Even a few 'best of show' awards. ) As have a lot of you.
Being of the older generation, I have been around for awhile. I disliked 'clicks', 'in groups', etc., in highschool, and I dislike them now. I know that will get some nasty comments, but that is the way it feels here, to me, at times. It's the same no matter what the car, or the club. If you have an old car, you don't want new cars to show at the same shows you do. Why?? Some say, "They just buy one and show it". Well, the same is true of many older cars. Some of the owners just pay enough money to purchase a restored car, and show it. Or they purchase a needy car and pay to have it restored to orginial beauty. Well, I say good for all of them. I admire those that do all or most of the work to restore one on their own. I just like the cars. New and Old. We own some of both. This hobby is meant to be fun.

So what if Paul makes some money. Good for him if he can, and it's none of our business if he does.

O.K. Back to mostly reading here.

Thanks, Ladystang!

I get a little more blunt and direct here, and I usually catch the heat from it, but I appreciate your thoughts. Your words are always welcome.

No doubt, there IS a "clique" here, with some of the early model owners. I don't expect owners of older cars to embrace the newer versions, but I think they should at least respect them. If everyone could have seen the new and old CSs together at the Galpin Show last April, you'd be impressed at how everyone got along. I do not feel that what you read here is an accurate measure of what's going on out there with early/late model CSs on the street.

We've had this discussion before here, and it went on and on....but I think there are about 15-20 of the late model owners on these boards....out of about 20,000-plus 2007-2009 owners total? What does that tell you???

All I was offering was a club for the late model GT/CS owners to be part of. Ford and SVT have some really cool things coming up, and they offer a lot of great Mustang variants. The SVTOA could be a great venue to enjoy those cars and parts, and that was why I presented the idea.

I don't expect to change any early model owner's minds--that was not my intent. I'm only interested in providing everyone another way to enjoy this Mustang marque.

Paul N.

Mustanglvr

I enjoy having the late model GT/CS owners at this site. They are a great bunch of people and I have made many friends. I would`nt want that changed for anything. If there is another site for them to check out then that is great! I am a member of many Mustang sites. I will always come back to this site though because everyone is so nice and friendly. This site is a wealth of information and is here for anyone interested in the GT/CS, new or old.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Very well put Rhonda,and I agree.

There are some very nice and warm people here, both with new and original CSs.

I wouldn't want to change any of that.

thanks,

Paul N.

QuarterHorse

At best the 1968 cars have 3,000 total remaining and I think that the newer ones will total 20,000 plus. That along with the 35 years of seperation the cars have nothing in common - other a name.

Not to get off topic...

Sorry Doug, but I disagree with that statement. I'm pasting the following statement I made in another thread:

"Although I can understand your disappointment over the current GT/CS not having more attributes of the 1968 version, I'd like to point out that it does embody the same principles of the original. Like the original car, the current California Special is an appearance package that shares many of the physical characteristics of the Shelby Mustangs of its day."

At any rate, I can understand your concern over not wanting to wade through many new model GT/CS threads, but I don't beleive that is where Paul was going with his suggestion.

In my perfect GT/CS forum world, there would be one site with different sections for new and old models.

GTCS07

I'm currently registered on about 20 different sites. It's not that hard to do. All have items of interest to me and all have sections I don't pay any attention to. I also belong to SVTOA and can say it's a fine group that has all Ford owners interests at heart. Anyone that has a thirst for knowledge on any subject should know that you can never usually find all the info in one place. People hate change but without it where would we be?
I've had many early and late model show cars over the years and it never fails to amaze me over the comments I hear at shows. Modified/stock, early/late, Ford/chevy, small block/big block, and on and on. I enjoy everything and am glad I have a chance to. I feel bad for the folks that have to drive a mini-van,etc. everyday with no toy to call their own.