• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1996 registry on ebay

HCSMustang

Looks like folks are interested. The latest bid is over $100!! Someone should ask Paul Newitt if he has some extras lying around somewhere. He could make enough off them to start the 3rd edition lol!

StraightSix

Uh, Tony Branda still had some of these as of last year. They were only $45. Orlando Mustang lists one in their parts list as well, somewhere in the same price range as Branda.

-Winston

HCSMustang

I better go buy them all and then sell them on eBay. Maybe I could make enough to start the 3rd edition...

StraightSix

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why the bidding is going so high on this one. Others that have been on eBay have sold in the normal range. I thought about buying some and reselling them on eBay too, but with my luck people would wise up and I would be stuck with them ::)

-Winston

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Winston,
I have owned 4 in the last 3 years, still have 2, one like new (signed by Paul) the other used extensively. I sold the other 2 for what I bought them for to other CS owners. I guess I just wanted other CS owners to have a good reference vice selling it for a profit.

Doug

StraightSix

This bidding was must be between folks who don't know that the 1996 Registry is still available through several sources. They're probably all keyed up after seeing how much the Recognition Guides go for ::)

-Winston

I have called everywhere and no one has copies of the registries - Wonder why some have received confirmation that these places have them.

bigskygt

I bought a 96 registry from Branda at the end of 2000, at that time they informed me there were only two left, :eek: and if I wanted one I better get one while I can. They are most likely gone by now. I think if Paul put out an updated registry, they would be a seller. I know I would buy one, my car isn't listed yet. :'(

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Paul,
Is planning on putting out a registry this year, for the 35th anniversary of the CS. I don't know the timing but plan on sometime this summer/fall. Maybe Paul or Jon can help answer this.
Doug