• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Size of GT wheels?

wally05

What is the size of the GT argent wheels for this car? What were all the possible sizes?

@Holmes

Ford book shows 14 x 6 for v8 and 14 x 5 for a v6. Styled steel argent C80z-107-e; black c8oz-107-f; chrome c8oz-107-c. Most people measue the outside and say they are 15s Also there are several 7' avalible but these are for 69 year and Shelbys from what I understand.

68gt390

They also had a 14X8 that you could get. You'll see a set every now and then pop up on ebay for sale. They are hard to find.

Don

6t8-390gt

The factory installed styled steel wheel used on the 1968 Mustang were 14x6. It was offered in argent or chrome with trim rings and center caps. Two different center caps were used a plain cap and one with GT lettering. These wheels were of the five lug design and therefore not applicapable to the 6 cylinder cars.

Over the past forty years owners have changed wheels and tire combinations often confusing many people. Additionally, the aftermarket has offered a similar style wheel in various sizes that were not originally offered. Additionally, some of the aftermarket wheels have chrome rims and do not require the trim ring. These are not original.

I hope this helps.

BroadwayBlue

... Additionally, the aftermarket has offered a similar style wheel in various sizes that were not originally offered. Additionally, some of the aftermarket wheels have chrome rims and do not require the trim ring. These are not original...

Maybe not original but they do look cool!! :cool:

BroadwayBlue <= Biased since my 289 came with them :icon_lol: I don't know that I would have bought them myself but I like the look now that they're already on.

OP
OP
wally05

wally05

Maybe not original but they do look cool!! :cool:

BroadwayBlue <= Biased since my 289 came with them :icon_lol: I don't know that I would have bought them myself but I like the look now that they're already on.

I'll have to look at them. What wheels are on the J-code right now, blue?

Duker

It is time to store my car and I am planning to get my rims redone over the winter, sand blasted etc. Can you tell me if there is a specific color code for "argent" so as to be correct?

Duker

If your Marti Report states "Chrome Styled Steel Wheels" does this mean that my CS came with Shiny Chrome Rims, Trim Rings and Center Caps?