• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Black CS Project

franklinair

The Black CS is on its way to the paint/body shop today.:icon_ecst
He'll have it for a month or two. I decided to go with the Black exterior, Deluxe Gold interior, and Gold stripe.
It will be well optioned car: J code (original), P/S, P/B,, A/T, A/C, AM/FM radio, Console.
I have a set of SS wheels, but may opt for the Shelby 10 spokes.
Now I can't wait to get it back from the paint shop (the same one that did my Highland Green CS).
I've got a 'truckload' of new parts already.

Neil

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 112

p51

... I decided to go with the Black exterior, Deluxe Gold interior, and Gold stripe.
It will be well optioned car: J code (original), P/S, P/B,, A/T, A/C, AM/FM radio, Console.
I have a set of SS wheels, but may opt for the Shelby 10 spokes.
Now I can't wait to get it back from the paint shop (the same one that did my Highland Green CS).
I've got a 'truckload' of new parts already.

Neil

Yea!!!

I vote for the Shelby wheels and...
5-speed manual. (chant) 5-speed... 5-speed... 5-speed :grin:

robert campbell

Dad,
Gotta agree on the 5 speed, 5 speed, 5 speed!! Dual exhaust with some aggressive mufflers. Small cam and 3.25 or 3.50 rear end gears.

Now were talkin!!!

Rob

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Nooo. I left those days long ago. Now I am happy with a docile C4 A/T, and a spunky 302, plus all the creature comforts. :smile:

Neil

classicsguy

I voted for the Sunlit Gold color....its going to be a great car when finished just like all cars Neil restores!

CougarCJ

Before I got mine painted I installed the nutserts for a passenger side mirror.

Neil, you normally install the GT rear valance with exhaust cut outs?

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Yes. This CS has single exhaust, but I have a new dual valance to be painted with the car. One of the final things is to install dual exhaust. I already have a new H pipe for it.

Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Who makes/sells the best quality Rocker Trim molding? (The ones off this car are trashed.)

Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Thanks Marty- I got the Dynacorn rocker trims. They look pretty good.
While waiting for the car to be painted I've ordered & received new upper & lower control arms, coil springs with upgraded spring perches, HD sway bar, export brace, Monte Carlo bar, rear leaf springs. I'll also have o'haul the PS ram (leaks).
I have some Marchal lights to refurbish to go with the new CS grill. I also bought new quarter windows due to condition of the old frames. All the interior parts are done & ready for installation. I have not decided whether or not to install a new TMI one piece headliner or dye the original headliner.
All I can do now is wait...

Neil

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I exercised my visitation rights @ the body shop today. :wink:
Nothing too bad so far. The left quarter had been replaced sometime in its past, and had to be refitted. (It was LEADED at the sail panel seam. That hasn't been the practice for many years.) All other panels & doors are OK.
(Now I'm thinking the Sunlit Gold & Nugget Gold interior might be a killer appearance.. The car was originally Sunlit Gold.) Paint stripping is next on the agenda.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 67

CaliStang68

Thanks Marty- I got the Dynacorn rocker trims. They look pretty good.
While waiting for the car to be painted I've ordered & received new upper & lower control arms, coil springs with upgraded spring perches, HD sway bar, export brace, Monte Carlo bar, rear leaf springs. I'll also have o'haul the PS ram (leaks).
I have some Marchal lights to refurbish to go with the new CS grill. I also bought new quarter windows due to condition of the old frames. All the interior parts are done & ready for installation. I have not decided whether or not to install a new TMI one piece headliner or dye the original headliner.
All I can do now is wait...

Neil
Hey Neil car is looking great! where did you find a new CS grill?
Rick

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I exercised my visitation rights today: bodywork done, extraneous parts are progressing nicely. Decided to keep the CS's original Sunlit Gold exterior.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 58