• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rebuild your Control Valve

green56

Power control valve

Does any body have a rebuilt Power steering control valve they want to sell I need to put one in then can be rebuilt need it for my 68 GT/CS any help Tom FRom Wisconsin

franklinair

I have a paper copy of the PS Control Valve overhaul article that I copied 5 years ago.
Being the computer genious that I am, I'll try to figure out how to scan it & e-mail it to whoever wants/needs it. Failing that, I can copy & mail it.

Neil

Richard- I have your e-mail , so you'll be my test case.:embarass:

franklinair

I'll try tonite when I get home. Everything is wireless there.
THIS printer says it's not connected to my computer, however I can print stuff fom my computer to this printer. I'm sooo confused:undecided

Neil

green56

PS ControlValve

Does any body have a Control valve For Sale that I could buy need in good condition ready to install

Ruppstang

Tom I have one that I had restored a few months ago. I am not sure if it is a 67 or a 68. I will let you know. Marty

somethingspecial

Tom I have one that I had restored a few months ago. I am not sure if it is a 67 or a 68. I will let you know. Marty

Marty, just courious, my understanding is the 67' control valve has smaller hose fittings then the 68', is this the case, or was I mis-informed?

green56

PS Control Valve

Does any body have a good PS Control Valve Would buy it from you Let me Know ASAP Tom Wisconsin

somethingspecial

Tom, Try American Mustang in Sacramento, Ca. 916-635-7271. They rebuild original cores in house and may be able to help you out. worth a try. Talk to Andy or Karen.

robert campbell

Marty, just courious, my understanding is the 67' control valve has smaller hose fittings then the 68', is this the case, or was I mis-informed?

Mike,
Yes, there are two sizes for the inlet size. Most 67's have a 1/4 inch vice 5/16 (I think) larger one for the 68's. Not sure of the cutoff point. I have had both.

Rob

Ruppstang

Tom I leave for the shop in 30 min. I will PM you after I check it out. I would also make sure the ram cylinder is in good shape while you have it all apart. Marty

Ruppstang

Tom I sent you a PM this morning. I will be out of cell coverage for a few day but will be able to check email. Marty