• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"Mustang" Script location on fenders

GTCSTexan

Hi Everyone,

I can't find any posts showing the placement of the holes for the "Mustang" script emblems on the front fenders for a GT/CS. Mine is in the paint shop and I need to tell the painter where to drill.

Does anyone have a template or mesurements?

Thanks for the help,
Kris

Last edited:

franklinair

I have seen numerous inputs and even drawings & photos on this site. Perhaps someone with more computer savvy can guide you to it.
Neil Hoppe

franklinair

Look at Robert Campbell's gallery. He has photos of his white C/S that might help you.
Neil Hoppe

robert campbell

Kris/Neil,
My gallery speaks to the rear quarter mounting of the California Special script.

Kris,
You do mean the front fenders don’t you?

If so, you must have either have repop fenders or ones that did not come on a GT/CS?? If so, the best bet would be to find a local GT/CS. If not, I could template my front fenders with some poster board (thick paper) and send them to you. I would locate them off the fender mid line ridge and the rear edge. Very easy to do.

Rob

franklinair

Oops, my error. I did not correctly read Kris's question re: Mustang script inquiry. The '68 front fender script location should (I believe) be the same on ALL '68 models.You need to locate a '68 and measure the script location as Rob suggested.
Anyone have the measurement available as to where to place the script holes?
Neil Hoppe