• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shelby 10 spoke wheels

rjw

Although I am a purist at heart in terms of originality, the thought of adding Shelby 10 spoke wheels really appeals to me. (aka "Little Red") Does anyone else have these on their car? Better yet, does anyone have a set that they want to get rid of because they DON'T want them on their car?
Richard

Tim Lowder

rjw,
I recently saw a GT/CS parked in a yard, and chained to a tree. The car is in great shape now, but is covered in bird droppings. I have been trying to catch someone at home so I can try and rescue it. But the car has the Shelby 10 spoke wheels on it and they look GREAT even with all the bird droppings. if i can find the owner at home and save the car I will put it back to original. I will let you know.

68sunlitgold

Attachments

• SRIM5A-SRIM6.jpg
    SRIM5A-SRIM6.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 45

bish

There is a GT/CS on ebay right now with those rims on it.

I have the 16" x 8" aftermarket (Vintage whel works) on my CS/GT and love them. This car sees daily driving and open track events and I loved the idea of putting sticky 16" rubber on the car.

They look great on the car and I get many people thinking the car is a Shelby.

Joe P.

gtcsjcode

I have them on my car and love them, you can see them in our gallery. I kept my original s/s wheels so if I wanted to go original, I could, but the 10 spokes just look awsome on this car and I do get alot of compliments. I would also suggest Tony Branda for a set, They are reasonable and you will get noticed. ;)

tworings

I have the 16" x 8" aftermarket (Vintage whel works) on my CS/GT and love them. This car sees daily driving and open track events and I loved the idea of putting sticky 16" rubber on the car.

They look great on the car and I get many people thinking the car is a Shelby.

Joe P.
Hi Joe,
My name is Stan and I too have put 15x7 (front) and 16x8(rear) 10spokes from Vintage on my CS/GT. While they look great, they ended up ripping the new wheel mouldings off my car. I had called the people at Vintage prior to ordering them and followed their recomendations and was assured they would fit fine. After they didn't fit I called them back and they said To baddd ! Did yours fit or did you need to make mods of any kind? If so could you tell me what they were.
Thanks

Perkchiro

Here's a side view of my car with the 10 spokes. Yes, I know, no side stripe. That's coming soon, not quite done yet.

Steve in Missouri

Attachments

• Clean Side View.JPG
    Clean Side View.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 116

joedls

Perkchiro said:
Here's a side view of my car with the 10 spokes. Yes, I know, no side stripe. That's coming soon, not quite done yet.

Steve in Missouri

Looks awesome :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

tworings

Perkchiro said:

Steve in Missouri

Steve - what size wheels & tires do you have? What brand of wheels? Any problem with them hitting the wheel well? ~Lisa

imported_tree

10 spoke shelby rims

I think they are great looking on the GT/CS cars. i bought them with the car and people notice them right away.This fastback i just bought in sacranemto had torque thrust D from american racing on it and i had the owner buy 10 spoke shelby rims for me at cj pony for a cost of 795. plus delivery. thanks terry...................................... will post photos of car next week.

PFSlim

I very much agree with Tree. I think the wheels look great on the GT/CS and worth the money. Wish I could buy a set for my car!!

Perk - Love the red car. It looks great!!!!

Paul

Mustanger

tworings said:
Hi Joe,
My name is Stan and I too have put 15x7 (front) and 16x8(rear) 10spokes from Vintage on my CS/GT. While they look great, they ended up ripping the new wheel mouldings off my car. I had called the people at Vintage prior to ordering them and followed their recomendations and was assured they would fit fine. After they didn't fit I called them back and they said To baddd ! Did yours fit or did you need to make mods of any kind? If so could you tell me what they were.
Thanks

Stan, Lisa,

Did you have problems on all 4 wheels/wheel wells/wheel mouldings? Or was it just certain ones? If it's just the back, then maybe 16x8 may be a little tight, even though some owners may have been able to make it work ... also, what size of tire are you running, if it's a 70 series (e.g., 225-70R15) then maybe it's a little too tall and maybe you should consider a 60 series tire (e.g., 225-60R15)... also, maybe your tires may be a little wide... if you have rubbing problems with 225's, then you might consider 215's ... last, but not least, many of these problems can be corrected by "freshening up" the car's suspension, i.e., springs, shocks and maybe even alignment (alignment especially for front tire problems) ... I hope this helps ...

Last edited:

tworings

Mustanger said:
Stan, Lisa,

Did you have problems on all 4 wheels/wheel wells/wheel mouldings? Or was it just certain ones? If it's just the back, then maybe 16x8 may be a little tight, even though some owners may have been able to make it work ... also, what size of tire are you running, if it's a 70 series (e.g., 225-70R15) then maybe it's a little too tall and maybe you should consider a 60 series tire (e.g., 225-60R15)... also, maybe your tires may be a little wide... if you have rubbing problems with 225's, then you might consider 215's ... last, but not least, many of these problems can be corrected by "freshening up" the car's suspension, i.e., springs, shocks and maybe even alignment (alignment especially for front tire problems) ... I hope this helps ...

I checked the tires and the fronts are 205/50R15, backs are 245/50ZR16. I suspect it's more of a width problem than height. We just had new shocks installed front and back - I'm sure we could use new springs though. ~Lisa

Attachments

• Buttercup new wheels.jpg
    Buttercup new wheels.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Front wheels.jpg
    Front wheels.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 52
  • back trim.jpg
    back trim.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Back wheels.jpg
    Back wheels.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 45

Mustanger

tworings said:
I checked the tires and the fronts are 205/50R15, backs are 245/50ZR16. I suspect it's more of a width problem than height. We just had new shocks installed front and back - I'm sure we could use new springs though. ~Lisa

Yeah, your tire height shouldn't be a problem, and the 205 width shouldn't be a problem either ... the 245 is kinda pushing it, but if you're having tire rubbing issues on all tires, then your springs could be a problem ... realize that there were 3 types of spring stiffness: Mustang regular, Mustang heavy duty (GT), and extra heavy duty (Shelby), ... the GT heavy duty may be the better choice unless you're going to do some competion driving ...

tworings

Mustanger said:
Yeah, your tire height shouldn't be a problem, and the 205 width shouldn't be a problem either ... the 245 is kinda pushing it, but if you're having tire rubbing issues on all tires, then your springs could be a problem ... realize that there were 3 types of spring stiffness: Mustang regular, Mustang heavy duty (GT), and extra heavy duty (Shelby), ... the GT heavy duty may be the better choice unless you're going to do some competion driving ...

I think we may have to put the 15x7s on the back as well, but thanks for the tip about the springs - we'll have to check that out.

gt bandit

the local DOT made me change my wheels and i could not think of anything that would be period correct and look fantastical.

here is a snap shot -

only regret is i didnt get the 16 x 8 for the rear.

Attachments

• York July 2006 006v1.jpg
    York July 2006 006v1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 73

Mustanger

gt bandit said:
the local DOT made me change my wheels and i could not think of anything that would be period correct and look fantastical.

here is a snap shot -

Nice CS and nice wheels ... 15x7's are okay in my book ... they were good enough for Shelby ...

tworings

gt bandit said:

here is a snap shot -

We got the 16x8 on the rear and they are rubbing the molding, so will most likley have to change to 15x7 anyway...