• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Paul.....Registry book question.

quicknick

Hi Paul,
My white 1996 registry book is in need of a new front and back cover. The rest of the book is intact, but the cover is tearing at the binder rings and curling around the edges.
I use the book as a car show prop and want it looking good. Let me know about price and availability on these pages and I will send you out some cash right away. Thanx, Nicholas

P

PNewitt

Instead of me sending you a new cover, just take the cover pages to a local Kinko's (copy shop), and have them re-copy that artwork onto new cover stock in grey.

Then have them re-bind the book with a coil binding in black.

You might consider having those new cover pages laminated in clear plastic, then rebound. They can do a lot there for you. If it's just the cover--you have permission to fix/copy that cover only to do this (otherwise--the whole book is still copyrighted by me).

Anyone else with this problem might think about getting it rebound. At Kinko's they have about three types of binding that they do right there as you wait.

I hope that this helps.

Paul.

OP
OP
Q

quicknick

Thanks Paul. I already thought of having it restored at Kinko's, but did not know what the legalities were. I didn't want to step on any toes.
Taking it there this week.