• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

At least I have my Cali

aemoo28

Hello my GT/CS friends.

I'm stressed out with nursing school. This last quarter is brutal. I was thinking... at least I have my CS. The stress was momentarily forgotten this afternoon, as I went out and washed her in the beautiful sunshine here in Ballard.

I purchased a new chamois shammy thing to dry her with- I'm such a girl; didn't know you were supposed to dampen it first, and the residual fibers came off onto my newly washed shiny black car. Duh!

And some neighbors stopped by to ask me about it; what does GTCS mean, how is it different than a regular GT, etc.

So remember when you are stressed from life, having a bad day, or your friends won't talk to you... at least you have your Cali that loves you.

franklinair

These cars, even standard models should be patented for their soothing effect! I can't tell you how many times I was working in my garage on one of my cars, and my wife would poke her head through the door and say " hey, aren't you going to bed tonite?" I'd look at the clock and it would be midnite! How do you spell therapeutic? That's what they are. Lotsa fun.

Neil Hoppe

Perkchiro

You are so right Neil. Last Fall, I was really under a lot of stress. A death in my family, pressures of work and life in general. I just about had it up to my ears. I told my wife that I was just gonna take the car out for a drive. You know, I started her up and took off for a joy ride. I just felt the tension fade away as I felt the purr of the engine and the rumble of the exhaust. No, there are no creature comforts at all in this car. Lots of road noise, engine noise and exhaust noise. Music to my ears. That ride was more therapeutic that day than a trip to the spa. Yeah, these cars are infectious. And as you said, lotsa fun.

sam

Yes, my strees reliever is taking the Cal Spec out and on a country road that I travel on in New England. Always getting a "thumbs up" or "nice car" comment along the way. Windows down, throaty engine sound, and transporting back to a simpler time. My car will hit the Big 40 this Friday April 4th. Will have her inspected and on the road April 12th provided all our snow is gone, and we've had several rain storms to wash away the salt & sand. Spring is on the way!!!!!!

Sam

Diesel Donna

Me too! I had been without my two classic cars for about three months because I moved and I had to make some adjustments here in order to make them fit....well my brother was here last week from New York, and my sister from Missouri...so my mind said..."AHHHHH!! Two drivers!" I took them to where my babies were and we convoyed back to my house (I felt like Tim O'B with my lil parade). I had been under a lot of stress with work and buying a house and moving...it was almost magic when I got my cars here!

Jeeez Amy .. you know what would be the bomb?? If I could take you to your graduation in my other car....see below. Best wishes as we need more great nurses! Let us know when you graduate please!
Oh by the way...I have some chamois things but I really really like my old fashioned cloth diapers. I never use window cleaner or anything...they leave no streaks and no lint. I buy them by the dozen at the swap meet for fifteen bucks.

~~~~Donna

ahainline

I agree 100%

I lost my job on Monday and I cannot tell you how good it felt to come home and just sit in my car... didnt go for a ride or even start it... just sat there. Although I know the next month or so is going to be difficult.. atleast I have the car.. until I cannot afford that then I will be screwed lol

Good post

Diesel Donna

Oooohhhhhh Tony, I'm so sorry to hear that. You know what? You just gave me an idea. My mom died last night. She was with me when we found my CS and she loaned me the $800.00 to buy it...I told her it was way too expensive, and the seller had already reduced it from $1600. She said we would take it...and then she kept the pink slip until I had her all paid back!!
I'm all alone here...I'm gonna go sit in my car with a box of kleenex.

~~~~Donna

Perkchiro

Oh Donna, I'm so sorry too. I pray that God gives you comfort and peace at this time of loss.

rvrtrash

My heartfelt condolences Donna. :cry: Know that your friends are thinking of you.

Steve

clubpro

Donna,

Don't ever forget that your mom will always be with you. I've lost both of my parents and almost every time that I look in the mirror I see one or both of them in the reflection looking back. I have my mom's hair color and eyes and I have my dad's chin and over all face shape.

Your mother sounds like she was a great mom just by the way that she taught you some of the values that you have expressed. I know that she had to have been very proud of you and proud of your relationship with your own daughter.

So go sit in that beautiful car of yours and feel your mom's presence and remember all of those lessons that she taught you and the good times that were had with her.

I will see you at Galpin.

Cheers,

Ron

Diesel Donna

Thank you Joe, Steve and Ron. I didn't mean to take over the post, didn't mean to say anything at all about this but sometimes things happen for a reason and Tony's post was just the right medicine for me at the moment. It sure helped me out a lot. Thank you also to those who sent me PM's.
Let's hope Tony gets a great new job soon!

Ron~ I'm the spittin' image of my mother, ain't no doubt who's daughter I am! People have actually said that to me, lol.

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

"I didn't mean to take over the post"

DD and all, I was looking for stories that you had to tell. Thank you everyone for sharing- and keep sharing! I wish wish wish I could be there at Galpin/Knotts to meet you all, but nursing school... bleck.

Amy

PonyGal

Donna,

I am so sorry to read about your loss. :cry: We all know how hard it is to lose someone you love. My sincere thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!

Renee'

obwan93001

...My mom died last night. She was with me when we found my CS and she loaned me the $800.00 to buy it...

~~~~Donna

Donna,

I'm soooo sorry to hear about your loss, please accept my sincere condolences and best wishes during this difficult time. It's great that you have your babies back to help you too. God bless.

Tony,

I'm really sorry to hear about you losing your job. I lost mine in Nov of '06 and I was unable to secure another one until late Feb of '08. I was blessed I had a generous severance package and family that helped most of the way and I was barely able to keep my GT/CS. Hang in there and you'll find something else soon and hopefully you too will be able to keep your car.

I look forward to seeing everyone attending the 40th event @ GAS on the 19th.

Oscar

Mustanger

Donna,

I am sorry to hear that your mom passed away. It's tough to see loved ones go, and it's never easy. My last grandparent passed away recently too, but I'm sure it's really hard when it's your parent. I'll be praying for you ...

Tony,

Hang in there!! I've been there before, without a job, and all you can do is to "make a job of getting a job" ... Just get up every day and work on your resume, check the papers, check online, call companies, contact friends and family ... you'll find something soon if you dedicate yourself and put your mind to it ... I'll be praying for you too ...

our special

Donna, just read your post on the passing of your mom.

Our condolences go out to you and your family at this very difficult time. E-conversations with you through this family, private emails and meeting you in person last year, I can feel your hurt.

Dad's will always love and watch out for there little girl, but there is a special bond with Mom.

Think about your Mom often, you will always have her memories.

Take real good care,
Dave