• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Are all aftermarket stripes the same width?

classicsguy

Maybe i am wrong but it seems that when I see some pictures of different GT/CS some stripes seem to be thinner than others. Are all of the stripes sold the same width?

6t8-390gt

I do not own a GT/CS and therefore haven't purchased or used the stripe kits that are available. It would not surprise me if some of them are not accurate. I would suggest getting forum members input about where to buy stripe kits and who offers the best kit. Of course price may be a factor. Cheap reproductions are cheap for a reason, the quality of the vinyl tape, the amount of time to research, amount of time duplicating the stripe or to set up the machine all are factors to the price.

Danny

aemoo28

I have seen two different stripes- the difference is at the end where the "GT/CS" letters are over the side scoop. One type has the letters boxed/framed in, the other doesn't.

Clubpro has them for sale here on this site.

BroadwayBlue

I have seen two different stripes- the difference is at the end where the "GT/CS" letters are over the side scoop. One type has the letters boxed/framed in, the other doesn't.

Clubpro has them for sale here on this site.

Amy,
What do you mean by them being boxed/framed in?
Does anyone have pictures to compare the different styles?

aemoo28

Attachments

• framed in GTCS.jpg
    framed in GTCS.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 52
  • nonframed GTCS tim's car.jpg
    nonframed GTCS tim's car.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 53
P

PNewitt

I was able to obtain a blueprint of the original stripe design from Ford, and there are places where the stripe was die cut.

The end of the stripe that goes on the scoop (towards the rear) was actually cut with a bit of a curve in it, to conform to the shape of the side scoop there; so, there is no fold over at the rear of the scoop.

I'm working with Club Pro to make these just like the ones for the factory, back in '68 (and the artwork will be in the book, with all dimentions).

The boxed-in one that Amy posted is just plain weird. I've never seen this before. Maybe someone was being creative?

The other mistake I see a lot of is owners putting the front fender piece behind the side scoop, towards the rear wheel opening.

Paul.