• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

S-code with 4-speed on eBay

StraightSix

:eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2404141050&category=6236

Here we go... my first eBay big-block GT/CS data point in the making. Granted, there are some modifications (aftermarket wheels, stripes missing, custom paint stripes added, incorrect but nice seats, etc.) but the meat and potatoes seem to be there. Plus, it looks like it has Marchal lights! Don't know if they're original or correct, but they're in the right place.

-Winston

Hello Winston seems you now have that data point for this car. It was sold to a GT/CS fan and frequent visitor of this excellent sight. I am happy to say I am the new owner of a big block 4 speed California Special. Price was $12,999.00 After receiving many pictures and a detailed history on the car I decided to meet the reserve. The car comes with all of the original engine accessories like valve covers, air cleaner and complete smog set up. I personally like the LeMans covers on the car now and would take off the smog equipment anyway. It also comes with the original seats. I will be selling 8R01J53784 a very nice Meadowlark yellow original paint and perfect running GT/CS. I will think of a price and post some pics in the next few days. If there is any immediate interest I can be reached at 760 806-9807

OP
OP
S

StraightSix

Congrats! I think that you got a good deal. That car would have sold for more if the [previous] owner had put all of the original items back on -- especially the seats and wheels. That's a collector car, and collectors don't like to see modifications, even if they're easily reversed. Having the GT/CS stripes would have helped the sale price much more than the costs of the stripes, too. But hey, all of that worked in your favor!

Looks like you'll need to drill the hood for locks. Take a look at the gallery, I have a schematic there that will help.

-Winston

Thanks Winston
I will check out the template. Hope to get the car within the next week and make a list of needs. I will keep you all posted.
Jerri

68sunlitgold

Jerri,
Congrates on the car, and as we tell every guest that owns a GT/CS, join the site so you are no longer a guest. Again Congrates.

Winston,
It seems you are starting to get some good points to add to the pricing guide.

Doug

Bluestang

Way to go Jerri. With a little work you will have a great car. I really like how he painted the strips on the hood. You are lucky that he didn't advertise the car as a 390 gt. Check out what those cars are going for on ebay. If you have question on parts we can compare 390 cars. Kimball

e-mail me pics of the GT/CS your going to sell. 760 area code, where are you located? Chris