• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

HCS for sale!

cmacias24

Hey guys,
I was browsing some sites and ran into this 1967 HCS. I called up the owner and he did not know what a HCS was. I was surprised but he said that he's been trying to get rid of the car for a while. He said that he would settle for less.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/67must9158.html

It still has the badges as you can see in the pics. Let me know what you guys think. Personally I think that it's over priced but it it a HCS. Who knows?

StraightSix

He didn't know what an HCS was and he was still trying to get $8000?! Even as an HCS, I don't think that car's worth $8k. My guesstimation of the value of a pre-'68 HCS is only about a thousand over the price of what a regular Mustang of the same kind would go for. And then you have to find the right buyer who knows what a HCS is.

-Winston

68sunlitgold

If you do a Kelly blue book on HCS's you will find they are cheaper than CS's even though there are way fewer made. I always thought that was interesting, in my opinion the HCS will someday be more than the CS because of its rarity.
Doug

StraightSix

That's a good point. Rarity always helps value. My line of reasoning is that the lack of any great styling or performance difference from a regular coupe hurts its potential value. Of course, look at the 1996 Mystic [Mustang] Cobra. The only difference between one of those and a regular '96 Cobra is the paint. The value of a Mystic is currently between 30-50% more than a regular Cobra.

Maybe the pre-'68 HCS cars are sleepers? ???

-Winston

StraightSix

I spoke with Bob Teets last night for a good while. He's a really nice guy -- I suggest you strike up a conversation with him if you get the chance! He gave me tons of information that I'll probably end up posting tonight (it's too much for me to do during work). One thing I wanted to do was relay his comments on this:
If you do a Kelly blue book on HCS's you will find they are cheaper than CS's even though there are way fewer made.

Bob provided the pricing data on the HCS to the CPI folks. This was several years ago, but he still feels that the HCS lags behind the GT/CS in value. Although it's more rare, or perhaps because it's too rare, its popularity isn't as great as the GT/CS. Therefore, the value is slightly lower.

He also agreed that the pricing of a '66-'67 HCS is about a thousand more than the equivalent "regular" Mustang.

-Winston

i have a 1967 hcs i boght it four years ago i paid in the ball park around 6,000. there hard to find but that does not matter when there really isn't the demand for the car. i was going to bring my car back to original but i'm putting a camelon paint job on the car a 5000 dollar job. because the car is worth more then if it hade original colimbine blue special colar. that car for sale is worth $5500 top money if it was a fast back then you would have somthing. i'm going gone to keep my car because it is a great conversation peice.