• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 #1 Best Selling Book CS Way of Life!!!

Diesel Donna

I received my book last Friday. Checked on the FedEx Waybill #, and it said "left at front door @ 1:30 pm"... So I went home sick from work, sick it wouldn't still be there by 5:00... Got the book, very good looking with the large size and the printed cover!!! Thanks Cory.

Gee Sarge, I sure hope you are feeling better by now! And Renee'...we all know you are going to faint. (SMILE!)

I was in Hawaii on vacation when my books were delivered and as soon as I got home (Labor Day) I raced to my neighbor's house to pick them up and I ran to three neighbors to show them what I got. This morning as I was in the driveway starting my truck up to go to work, my other neighbor came over with another delivery I had from Australia! I had made a request on this site for my Aussie friends to be on the lookout for a new magazine (2nd issue) coming out that had a photo of my 1970 Cadillac Ambulance in it with a pinup girl model in a nurse costume. CS owner VMAN came through for me!! I had two copies of the magazine in my hands PLUS two copies of the CS coffee table books! OMG the poor people I work with ... and anyone else who came in the door....I made everyone look at them!
Cory, this is the best thing ever! After I read everyone's story (non-stop) I wished I had taken more time to write a better story. Of course...with my blathering on like I am right now...the book would have been five pages longer. THANKS for everything!

~~~~Donna

rvrtrash

I just got my book last night. Like Donna, I wish I had put more into my story and pictures (although her pictures are fantastic-Wow!). Are we doing a second edition next year? :grin:

Steve

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

It's still to early to tell if I'm game for a second edition. ;-)

I still can't believe I did the first edition, if you guys knew me you would understand. I love to read but make a book...never dreamed I'd do a book for myself let alone several and then one for such a great group as this. I'm just glad everyone is satisfied with it, I was a bit nervous about the results meeting everyone's expectations.

Thanks

Cory

Diesel Donna

I just got my book last night. Like Donna, I wish I had put more into my story and pictures (although her pictures are fantastic-Wow!). Are we doing a second edition next year? :grin:

Steve

Awww thanks Steve. I was running real short of time (for my appointed Cory slot time table) and not too "digital camera savvy", so right after work one day I dragged a friend up Angeles Crest Hwy 2, north of Pasadena, and drove til I found a decent turnout. He took the photos real quick because we were running out of daylight, but I was really pleased with the outcome even though I knew in some of the photos that I should have had my wheel turned so it showed the rim...not the tread.....I still liked them though and had to go with that. The first photo is from 1983...I was 27! Taken the same time as my avatar. I need to find out what kind of camera he was using.
This book is the bomb!

~~~~Donna

PS~ the area where I did my photo shoot is probably nothing but ash now due to the wildfires.

Last edited:

Midnight Special

...DD, I second Steve's remark!

My books just arrived!! Couldn't wait to show the neighbors and can't wait to take it to town tomorrow!

To Cory and all who contributed - FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

our special

GOT IT.....LOVE IT!!!!

Thank you Cory, excellent job, a lot of work and it shows.

Thank you as well to all who contributed their stories. and has given us this great keepsake.

All the best
Dave

miller511

Cory,

Got the book the other day. I very much appreciate you putting this together. I'm enjoying reading everyone's stories.

The quality of the soft cover small book is very, very nice.

So, now I'll need to spend the next ten years getting it signed by others, right?

-Jeff

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Cory,

Got the book the other day. I very much appreciate you putting this together. I'm enjoying reading everyone's stories.

The quality of the soft cover small book is very, very nice.

So, now I'll need to spend the next ten years getting it signed by others, right?

-Jeff

You got it Jeff, chase everyone down and get those signatures, anyone showing up in Idaho for a signature gets a float down the Henry's Fork if you come at the right time of year and your up for a day on the river.

Cory