• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Trashed 289 - now what?

robert campbell

If it ain't stock, go forged or go home!!! The difference in cost will be negated when the first piston goes through the head!!!

Rob

davidathans

here's my forged steel piston..and my block

Attachments

• 87_91_347_2V_block.jpg
    87_91_347_2V_block.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Forged_4_03_Piston.jpg
    Forged_4_03_Piston.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 16

rvrtrash

When I rebuilt mine, I lowered the comp. to 9.5/1 and used the hypers so I wouldn't have to worry about finding decent gas in the future, but I don't plan on hot rodding this car (much). So far, no problem, for just doing drives, cruises, etc.

Steve

robert campbell

Not a darn thing wrong with cast or hypers in a stock or mild build. Hypers are a great upgrade for stock and reasonably priced! The cost to go to forged is a bit, but well worth it in an engine pushed hard!! and I push my engines to the limit!!

Rob