• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Trunk Lid

AADaddy

Anyone got a nice spare Trunk lid they want to sell? Hoping to get my car painted this winter. The trunk lid is pretty toasty on my car and would like to replace it. Or, if your reading this and know where I can get the best new replacement trunk lid feel free to let me know!

franklinair

Tony Branda lists them (1968 Shelby convertible deck lid) for $500 +/-.) Don't know of quality or fitment.
Marty Rupp would know better than I.

Neil

Ruppstang

The Branda lid is the best reproduction that I that I know of, that said count on doing some work on it to make it fit.
I have a original but it need some repair work.
Marty

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

OK, good to know. I keep thinking the one I have should be repairable. But the shops I have been to all think it's not worth it. The spoiler is cracked dead center left to right on it.

dalorzo_f

+1 on Marty's comments.

I bought a Branda for my EXP and once it was in hand I looked around for an original.

Luckily I found one quickly, even with the minor repairs to the OEM the overall install and prep costs were lower than using the repro (to get the fit and finish I wanted, onc could just apply the branda with minimal prpe and accept the gap/fit issues you'll likely have with the repro).

I also used OEM end caps as the Branda really would have required a LOT of work to get them to fit properly.

BigJim

Anyone got a nice spare Trunk lid they want to sell? Hoping to get my car painted this winter. The trunk lid is pretty toasty on my car and would like to replace it. Or, if your reading this and know where I can get the best new replacement trunk lid feel free to let me know!

If you go up to Harvard to see Doug and my wife's car show Doug the deck lid. He repairs/rebuilds fiberglass race car bodies that have been all but destroyed. He's also done Vette restorations that involve a lot of fiberglass work.